Thursday 10 October 2013

#onebigtruth Thankful Thursday

Today I'm participating in a really neat link up with some amazing bloggers who are sharing what God has done in their lives. At first I wasn't sure I had anything really worthy of blogging about, so many bloggers have incredible stories of God's faithfulness through infertility, singleness, adoption...and I'm still waiting on things. There are a million little things I am thankful for each done, but compared to others my story seems insignificant. Then I had an 'ah-ah' moment and realized that is my story. I may not have a big story right now, but that doesn't mean I won't. God is always working in my life. His timing is perfect. Some days I get discouraged and think that I need to give up on my dreams and than I'm asking for too much. Then I remember that I'm not. God can do anything, even more than I can dream. It just might take some time. Which means the first thing I'm thankful for today is that nothing is hopeless or impossible with God.
 
                  

 
On a lighter note I am thankful for the cheesecake that is in my fridge. As soon as I finish this post I am going to make myself a cup of tea, light a candle and do some reading while I enjoy every delicious bite.
 
I'm thankful for a stack of books in my to-read pile that I am finally getting around to reading.
 
I'm already thankful for the homemade pizzas I plan on making for supper.
 
I'm thankful for friends who ask "how was your day" instead of "what's up?".
 
I'm thankful for last minute babysitting opportunities, which leads to extra money, which is always nice.
 
I'm thankful for hot cups of coffee on chilly autumn mornings.
 
 
 






8 comments:

  1. So, I am so thankful that you linked up and I to am thankful for friends who ask me that instead of whats up... That was a big issue in the home a few weeks ago.. My son answered the phone wass up.. and I got pretty mad, he didnt understand why but I think he gets it more now. Somethings need to stay respectful.. here in the south ( good ole Texas y'all) we say yes maam no maam yes sir no sir... as much as we say please and thank you.. I am raising young men.. these little things are important

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting! Sometimes the little things make a big difference! You should be very proud of yourself for raising young men with manners and respect!

      Delete
  2. i LOVED this! i feel that way so often. i haven't had major tragedy or trial or this "story" - bug God is working and growing in each of us. And has such a unique plan. Live today fully and expect to hear from him - he's got much to say even in a season of waiting. Be encouraged and thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment and for hosting such a wonderful link up. I have really enjoyed visiting different blogs today and reading about all the ways God is working in the world.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog today. That article does hold a special place for me. You just keep pressing on! I enjoyed reading what you are thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God really does do more for us than we could ever imagine, even for those of us without "big stories," and thank you for reminding me of that today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else was able to relate, thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete