Saturday 26 October 2013

Five!


{one}
I am so thankful for my friends H. & R.. We met at camp in 2012 and even though the three of us are spread far apart, one at each end of the province and the other in the next province over, we have made keeping in touch a priority. Even though it doesn't feel like I'm making any special effort to stay in touch, it just comes naturally. They're the ones I want to talk to when I'm having a bad day or a good day. Distance dictates all our communication is done through texting, Skype dates and group Facebook chats but it does the trick. A few weeks back I went to visit R. and this weekend while I'm in the city I get to spend some time with H.. 

{two}
Yesterday I made my very first trip to Target! We didn't have Target in Canada until a few weeks ago when the stores opened for the first time following Target buying out the Canadian Zellers stores. I  bought a candle that smells like campfire, a Halloween costume tutu for Peyton that was on clearance and another pair of wool socks that were also a lot cheaper than I've bought them for at other stores. I was disappointed in the clothing selection, I was hoping for more selection but the store only opened a few weeks ago so hopefully it will improve with time!

{three}
I started reading the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth and may or may not have read the entire first book in one day. I just couldn't put it down! (It probably also helped that I was having trouble connecting to the wifi in the house I'm housesitting and with no internet I turned to reliable books.) I started the second one this morning and am eagerly anticipating finishing the series. It's a little like The Hunger Games, but also has some similarities to WWII, even though its set in a dystopian/futuristic kind of society. 

{four}
I feel like I've been saying this forever but next week I should have the final word on the funding that will make my position at camp year-round/full-time. There have been so many hoops to jump through at each stage of the application process but the final stage has been submitted and the 10 business days we were told it would take for the application to be processed are nearing the end. Oddly enough I feel a lot of peace towards the situation. It is definitely a fork in the road situation and I feel as though whether this grant is a yes or a no it will dictate the start of a new stage in my life. Friends keep askign me if I'm nervous/anxious/stressed ect. about the decision, but I'm not. Whatever happens is meant to be and there's nothing I can do to change that. 

{five}
I am really excited to sleep tonight! I feel like I need a solid 8-9 hour sleep without any crazy dreams or randomly waking up in the middle of the night. Just 8-9 hours of uninterrupted deep sleep. And to wake up without an alarm feeling totally refreshed and energized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment