Friday 11 October 2013

Fall Favourites

Is it just me or did this week go by super fast!? I don't even feel like I did anything overly productive or exciting but I still can't believe it's Friday already. The final paperwork for the funding that would make my job into a year round position was filed on Wednesday, which means there should be some final news on that in about two weeks time. 

I really enjoyed writing yesterdays post for #onebigtruth and Thankful Thursday, it came at the perfect time when I am waiting to hear about my job, which would mean a big move and a lot of uncertainty, but I'm confident God knows what He's doing. And I think it's so important to take time to think about the things you're thankful for. Today is actually the start of Thanksgiving Day Weekend here in Canada!

I decided to (sort of) keep with the theme of Thanksgiving with my "5 on Friday" today and list my favourite 5 things about fall. (Try saying that 10 times fast!) 


{Candles}

I fully admit I'm a bit of a pyromaniac. (All true camp people are) In the summer there's nothing I love more than staring into the flames of a campfire and contemplating life. In fall, there are candles. The flames aren't as exciting to watch but there's still something soothing about lighting a candle and reading a book or blogging as the whole room fills with delicious autumn scents. Or summer/winter scents because I may or may not stock up on "marshmallow" and "evergreen" scented candles when they're in season so I can create a permanent summer camp smell all year round. 

{Leaves}
Via
I'm from a part of the world that is seriously famous for; as the fancy tourist brochures call it "autumn foliage". What that really means is the leaves change colours and it is seriously beautiful. There are shades of red, orange and yellow as far as the eye can see with the odd evergreen thrown it for good measure. And in a few weeks time once all those leaves fall to the ground there's the satisfying crunch of leaves beneath your feet when  you walk anywhere. 

{November 1st}

I'm no longer a university student which means it's no longer social acceptable to come up with Halloween costumes that achieve the unique balance of wearing more than lingere, but not so far as to wear something that would be deemed acceptable any other the day of the year. I'm also not a Mom yet so I don't have adorable children to make even my adorable with creative costumes. Both those things means Halloween is pretty meaningless to me at this stage. November 1st however is a different story. November 1st is the day after Halloween, which means all that candy will be discounted and dirt cheap. And I am not above stocking up and indulging every once and awhile. 

{Hoodies}

I love wearing cute fall outfits with leggings and boots and cardigans, but if I'm being honest my favourite fall outfit is jeans and a hoodie. Even though I have a very unnecessary amount of hoodies already I always let myself get another one in the fall just to have that new hoodie feeling the first few times I wear it. This seasons new hoodie hasn't arrived yet. I got an email this week saying it had been shipped and as soon as it arrives I'm going to blog about it because it's from an amazing company that I love supporting. 

{Snuggie Season}

Judge all you want. I own a Snuggie. I got it for Christmas from my cat (ie my mom) a few Christmases ago and I wear it proudly. It's warm and it has sleeves. What more could you want in a product!? It is way too warm in the summer months to whip this out but on cool autumn evenings when immersing yourself in primetime TV you just want a blanket that can keep you warm and allows you to happily munch popcorn at the same time. 



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it too! They had a whole 'line' of camo under armour hoodies at Sport Check in the spring and I wanted to buy them all!

      Delete
  2. That's one of my favorite candles too, I also love Fireside or Fireplace- can't remember exactly what it is- but it will come out a little closer to Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep my eye out for it! And hope that it's one of the scents we get, I've noticed a few scents mentioned online that I've never seen in stores in Canada.

      Delete
  3. hey doll! found you on the linkup..so happy to be a new follower. yay!

    love that you're a camp director...my hubs and i met at summer camp! i have a BIG, special place in my heart for camp!! <3

    and...i absolutely own a snuggie. a leopard one, to be exact! ;)

    looking forward to following along, love!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that you met your husband at camp! I often daydream about meeting my husband at camp and getting married at camp. Thanks for following along :)

      Delete
  4. I love love love autumn foliage and planned my entire wedding (last year) around the pretty leaves! It's one of the things that is VERY disappointing about living in Australia now - no pretty leaves!

    Also I love discounted halloween candy. AND I love hoodies. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought about how much I would miss the changing seasons if I lived somewhere like Australia where it was hot all the time, but then I think about how nice it would be not to worry about winter jackets and mittens.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I love all your fall favorites! Wearing hoodies and playing in the leaves ... perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoodies & playing in the leaves followed by enjoying a seasonal fall beverage = the ultimate perfection! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete