Wednesday 16 October 2013

25x25

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now even before I started blogging I thought I should come up with a list of things I wanted to do before I turn 25 but I kept putting it off and honestly wasn't sure I wanted to commit. But I was browsing the October Daily posts and noticed that the topic for today was sharing goals and dreams. I took it as the final kick in the pants that I needed and got started on making a list.

I decided to do 25 things by 25, which by my calculations (i.e. the app on my phone) that gives me 460 days to accomplish everything. Some of the things on my list are totally out of my control and I debated whether or not to include them because I am potentially setting myself up for failure. I decided to go for it anyway, call it "The Secret" or public prayers, I'm putting it out into the universe and we'll see what happens.

So without further explanation my 25 x 25 List!

1. Be in a committed relationship with someone I could potentially marry.
2. Host a dinner party.
3. Open an Etsy shop or sell something on eBay.
4. Read 150 books.
5. Become a regular volunteer with an organization.
6. Complete NaNoWriMo.
7. Complete at least a week of the 100 Mile Diet
8. 30 Days of Yoga Challenge.
9. Reach 100 blog followers.
10.Go on a mission trip.
11. Complete a 365 Day Photo Challenge.
12. Complete a Sims Legacy Challenge.
13. Plant a herb garden.
14. Send 25 Christmas cards via snail mail.
15. Be part of a church community with other young adults.
16. Try 10 new foods.
17. Watch a sunrise.
18. Answer 25 of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind
19. Keep a notebook of favourite quotes & verses.
20. Go TV Free for a week (including Netflix and YouTube)
21. Read the Bible cover to cover in chronological order.
22. Bake homemade gingerbread men.
23. Go camping with friends.
24. Compile a recipe book.
25. De-Clutter donating/throwing away at least 5 large bags of 'stuff'.

12 comments:

  1. I love your goals too! Something I touched on in my goals is to be closer in my relationship to Christ + I think that having a close group of young adult friends would really help me in that. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting & commenting! I was part of an amazing youth group for high school students lead by university students when I was in uni and since moving back home I really miss those friendships.

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind. Those are super intense! They stress me out just looking at them!

    I do love #14 though. I did that for the first time last year and it was sooo much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The intensity is why I'm aiming to get through 25 of them instead of all 50! They're pretty thought provoking but I figure they will provide some good blog material! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful list and I completed NaNoWriMo last year and truly had a blast doing it. Hope you can join and complete it this time out next month now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my bucket list since I first heard about it high school but I've never actually attempted it using school as an excuse. Now that I'm done with school I have plenty of time to write so I'm hoping this will be the year to finish!

      Delete
  4. Loving your list Donna! The 50 questions sure are fun to answer! I might even answer them my blog! :D I have been introduced to NaNoWriMo last year too. But I never get to finishing mine. :(
    I should add 21 & 25 on my list !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning on blogging about the 25 questions as well, it should provide good prompts when writers block strikes! I've always wanted to do NaNoWriMo but this year will be my first attempt, hopefully I complete it on the first try! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely list! I like how easily attainable they are, if you put your heart into it I'm sure you can complete your list. :) #18 is a great idea! I think we have loads in common with this Bucket list :) And the declutter thing, I've already managed to compile our unused clothes, just waiting to be distributed to an outreach community. :)

    Found you on October Daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I love joining church communities... You can learn a lot of things about God and people are always nice and accommodating :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for following! I tried to be as realistic as possible with my goals so hopefully with a little work I'll accomplish them all! :)

      Delete
  6. I started compiling a recipe book :) or rather printing out my recipes and just putting them in a binder. close enough haha x

    ReplyDelete