Sunday 13 July 2014

Just One



I'm indecisive so asking me to choose just one thing I can't live without is hard. The process of deciding what my answer is looked a little something like this: 

Chicken Nuggets
Pop
Tie-Dye
Pen & Paper
Technology (iPhone/Laptop etc.)
Shoes
Faith (I'm not sure this is really a 'thing')
Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce
Internet
Books
Jogging Pants
Coffee

I wasn't getting anywhere with that method so I rephrased the question and asked myself what one thing I would want on a desert island. And I came to the conclusion that I would really struggle living without a notebook & a writing utensil. 

Words are my favourite. And when words fail me I can sit in silence for hours doodling shapes and lines and processing what's going on in my life. I could get by without delicious foods and although I wouldn't be happy about it I could go on with out the internet. But if I suddenly lost the ability to put pen to paper and just write I'd struggle. Give me a pencil case full of colourful felt tip pens and a blank notebook and I can be content for hours on end. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh spicy chipotle dipping sauce really is important too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that's a REALLY good one! i agree, if I was on a deserted island the one thing I would want is a notebook (that never runs out of paper) and writing utensil!

    ReplyDelete