Friday 25 July 2014

Favourite Apps!

Today's topic is favourite apps. It's been a long time since I discovered a new app that I was really excited to use. I stick to the basic social media ones and every now and then I'll download a game only to delete in after a few weeks because I get bored.

Sleep Cycle


This app is the best 99 cents I've ever spent. The app store describes it as a "bio-alarm clock". You set the alarm before you go to sleep and it tracks your sleep patterns during the night. In the morning it wakes you during a half hour window when you're in your lightest sleep phase, which is supposed to help you feel better rested. I don't know how much real scientific value this app has but I'm hooked. It seems to be fairly accurate and I do notice a difference when I use it vs when I just set a regular alarm!


Instagram

I remember way back when I still had my BlackBerry and everyone else had made the switch to iPhones I couldn't for the life of me understand the point of Instagram. And then one day I was bored and installed it more so to creep on what other people were doing than to use it myself, but I got hooked. I refresh my feed probably every 15 minutes and I love just scrolling through people's photos. And sharing snapshots of my day. It's definitely my most used social media app and if you're not following me on Insta you should, I promise lots of photos of camp and cats! 

Snapchat gets an honourable mention, because it's fun but I still haven't figured out the actual point of it. If anyone has any insight please enlighten me.

Linking up with Faith, Allie & Juliette!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out Snapchat, but I love Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about sleep cycle, but I was too cheap to give try it out. Maybe I'll have to live on the edge a little and download it :)

    ReplyDelete