Friday 25 April 2014

Friday Five

Do you ever have one of those weeks when you just feel like you've got a lot of stuff happening in your head? I'm having one of those weeks. So forgive me if there is no logical order or connection to my Friday Five and it doesn't even really feel like a Friday.

{one}

church camp is one of my favorite places in the world
Via
I miss youth ministry so bad it hurts. My current job is pretty amazing and I am so lucky to work with some pretty extraordinary people. Camp is what I love, but church camp is my passion. There really is added magic in the atmosphere when you're at a church camp. I've made some incredible friends working where I am now but they are different from the connections I've made at church camps. I miss worship being a daily part of the camp schedule and I cringe every time we sing a grace before a meal but replace "God" with "earth" to be inclusive. I get that we aren't a faith based camp and our campers come from all kinds of faith traditions but I want to be in a place where faith is celebrated and not awkwardly dealt with in the most PC way possible.

{two}

I went out for Frozen Yogurt with H. last night and realized when I got home I didn't take a picture of it to use on my blog. Part of me was annoyed with myself...another (larger) part was more annoyed that I even considered being annoyed because I didn't take a photo of something I was eating. Instead I was focused on eating and being with H. And if being in the moment instead of planning future blog posts I'm okay with that.


{three}
I'm starting to feel overwhelmed about the next few months. I really want to enjoy the summer but I know that I'm going to have to spend some (maybe a lot) of time this summer figuring out when I'm going to do at the end of September when my current contract ends. It's pretty unlikely it will get extended because that's when the grant money runs out and I don't want to put myself in a position where I'm jobless. I'm trying to be excited about it and convince myself to really step outside of my comfort zone and have an adventure, but it's a fake enthusiasm. My real goal is to find something, somewhere that pays well enough I can keep paying off my student loans and still have enough to live.

{four}
When Ross didn't tell Rachel they were still married! Hahaha!
I committed to going to a work related thing all weekend. Starting tonight at 6:30 and ending at 2:00 on Sunday. I'm trying to keep an opened mind because it's an informal kind of thing...but in reality all I want to do is watch Friends reruns in my yoga pants.


{five}

Nothing annoys me more than having things on my to-do list that I can't 100% complete because I'm waiting on somebody else. And right now there are six things on my to-do list that I could check off...except that a document needs to be approved before I print it and a reference needs to get back to me before I can hire a girl, and someone else needs to get me the information to put into a manual before I can print that...I have a lot of patience when it comes to most things. Waiting on other people is not one of those things.

I'm typing this on my lunch break and I just realized I still have another 4 hours left of work. And then two hours in which to pack for the weekend, eat some sort of supper and mentally prepare to spend the whole weekend not doing weekend things. So I'm going to cut things short and see if there's any coffee in the break room before I get back to doing actual work.

Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth and the lovely ladies at Friday Five.

3 comments:

  1. I always have one of those weeks or days. which is why i blog so much. you'd think i'd get it all out but i never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely hate waiting on people for things, esp at work. if i can crank out a document and finish my work on 2 other projects plus chair a few meetings, why can't they just respond to my email?!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a good job...I'm nervous for that, too. Right now I work at a movie theater as a manager and substitute teach, but I really want to find a full-time teaching job. There aren't many openings around me, so I'm going to have to move and lose the security of having back up jobs. I just hope that I find what I'm looking for, and I think I will, but it's scary especially because of my student loan debt.

    ReplyDelete