Monday 7 April 2014

Weekend Happiness

I had all the best intentions of posting a Five on Friday, instead I came home from work made supper watched Grey's Anatomy and was in bed and asleep by 11:30. 

Part of the reason I was so ready for some serious sleep on Friday was that I spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week at a training workshop about healthy childhood development and program evaluation. It was a long three days. And involved a much longer commute than I've grown accustom to. I was super excited when I checked the mail on Friday and found the prettiest card from Rebekah over at Living Lavender. Snail Mail makes me so happy!

Snail Mail is the Best Mail!

Saturday afternoon I headed to the mall with H. for something to do. I wasn't really planning on buying anything but we had planned to hang out and the weather was not cooperating with our plans to stroll in and out of stores downtown and get frozen yogurt. I ended up buying a dress at Eclipse that I am kind of in love with. It's dressy enough that I will be able to wear it to the office and casual enough that I can wear it during the summer and not feel over dressed. And in my books that is perfection!

Via
I also invested in a new pair of sneakers. They were at Payless for $25 and I am in need of real sneakers that aren't Chucks or Toms or anything else that either have terrible support or that I've had since high school. Not that I have any plans to take up running but I spend a lot of time on my feet during the summer and towards the end of last summer it was clear my feet were not happy. It's probably worth noting that my feet are tiny. As in these shoes were so cheap because I fit into girls' size 2 sneakers. It's both a blessing and a curse. 

Via

Sunday morning I woke up to what I'll call "almost sunshine", which after almost two weeks of April Snow Storms and Ice Storms followed by a lot of rain is almost tropical. Rumour has it Wednesday might but a whole 10 degrees! Rumour also has it that Dollar Drink Days start back at McDonald's this week. If there's one thing I love more than iced coffee it's cheap iced coffee!

I'll end by bragging just a little bit about my productive Sunday afternoon! I planned out blog posts for the week, made a meal plan and did a yoga video. Near perfect start to the week!

 
 


5 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute! I'm so ready for summer..or even just more consistantly warm weekends...so I can wear more of my dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice purchases, especially that dress! you can wear it to so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. snail mail doesn't happen enough but when it does, it's awesome!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is so cute. and I LOVE getting some cute snail mail too.

    ReplyDelete