Thursday 1 December 2016

Always Forward


I am happy to report that November was a much better month than the disaster that was October. I participated in NaNoWriMo, but I didn't finish because I didn't want to. I realized that the fun factor had worn off so I let it go. I then spent the time I was spending writing catching up with Project Life and re-kindling my interest in art journalling. I'm finally considering myself caught up with Project Life. October is complete up until Thanksgiving and the first half of November is 'roughed in'. I'm still debating/leaning towards documenting weekly in 2017. 

As for my goal of being a lady with a plan again after Plans A - Z were total fails from August - October I have made a lot of progress but nothing is for certain yet. I have an interview for a full time, year round, permanent position at a camp next week. I'm hopeful, but if I've learned anything over the past few months it's that competition is fierce and possibly out of control...like requesting audition videos out of control. I want a job, not a spot on The Amazing Race (although, if this doesn't work out maybe reality TV is an avenue I should explore). 

My goals for December are a little dependant on how the interview goes, if all goes well then I'm going to spend some time figuring out the logistics of moving across the country. And if it doesn't go well then I will be in pursuit of a Plan B...and maybe also C-Z,  but we'll focus on Plan A for now. 

All of the things I've ordered online have arrived at the house this week, except for Old Navy so I officially have 90% of my Christmas shopping done and in my possession. I need to get a few little things to go along with my mom's and figure out exactly what to get my father, who is near impossible to shop for. I also need to send out Christmas cards, but it's only the start of December so there's plenty of time to make that happen. 

I do want to keep journalling because I fully recognize that when I spend 15-20 minutes before bed doodling and writing not only do I sleep better but I feel a little less overwhelmed. I've been doing a devotional using the YouVersion Bible app which is also helpful. 

Last month if I had to choose one symbol to represent life it would have been a big bold question mark. The end of November feels more like an ellipses, there's no definitive answer or solution but there is a lot of potential and possibility. I'd be lying if I said I'd love an exclamation point or some other definitive answer but I'd also be lying if I said I didn't feel okay with where I am now. 

What's New With You this month? Share your life's happening and linkup with Gretch Runs and See You In A Porridge!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment