Saturday 8 February 2014

Life Lately

When I wrote my last real update about the moving situation everything was still very much a giant question mark. Friday night I did find a place to live though (sort of). One of my friends is studying Occupational Therapy and part of her program is doing work placements in various OT work places. The past two months her placement has been in a different provinces so her apartment in the city has been empty. I knew it was empty all along and was an option, the only glitch is that she isn't sure where her next placement will be...it could be just about anywhere in Canada and it could also be back in the city. If it turns out that her next placement is back in the city then I'll be apartment hunting again the end of the month. I am really hoping it's not in the city because I am pretty happy where I'm at and absolutely hate the thought of moving. Again. We'll see what happens though, fingers crossed!


Since I'm not entirely sure how long I'll be living in this spot for and because the apartment is fully furnished I packed pretty light. Clothes, toiletries and a few other essential items. Peyton did not come with. As much as I would have loved to find a pet friendly place and take her with me I know she can't come to camp and would have to go back with my parents during the summer anyway. Moving her for 4 months and then moving her back just seemed mean. 



H. offered to come help me unpack Saturday (even though there wasn't much to unpack) and she brought me a little apartment-warming gift. I'm always saying how I just want to be one of those people who has dinner parties all the time. So she brought me super cute paper plates, napkins and paper straws for my first dinner party! She made me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies too but those didn't make it long enough to get photographed. 


Work has been both super busy and super fun. So far this week I've gotten a March Break Day Camp up and running, started forming a Camp Alumni group, researched policies and procedures on camp rentals and started inputting data for this summers campers! I also was tasked with the job of coming up with songs for one of our counsellors to learn how to play on guitar that everyone knows the words to. I am in love with my job. 

The only downside to this week is that I keep expecting something bad to happen. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm lying awake at night coming up with crazy scenarios that will put an end to all this greatness but it's constantly nagging at me in the back of my mind. It all just seems so good to be true. I hate that I'm thinking about all the potential bad things that could happen instead of fully focusing and enjoying the good things. I've been praying about it a lot and forcing myself to focus on being thankful for the now and not praying that "nothing bad happens" because that's just not going to work. If something bad is going to happen, it'll happen and I'll deal with it accordingly. 

Overall I feel like I'm on the right track and things are coming together. Plus now that the initial anxiety is diminished I'm sure my second week will be even better than the first! 


1 comment:

  1. Glad things seem to be on track for you. Hope you get to stay longer than a month in that place.

    ReplyDelete