Friday 7 February 2014

Workin' for the Weekend

I promise I'll take time this weekend to write a proper update about my first full week of my grown up job but for right now a quick 5 on Friday update will have to do!




{one}
At one point or another the following thoughts have crossed my mind: "I need a slow cooker so I can just come home and have supper be made!", "Only one more day until casual Friday!", "I can't wait until the flyers come out so I can meal plan for next week!". I am pretty sure all of these thoughts have solidified my "grown up" status.

{two}
My iTunes in composed of 65% country, 25% indie/alternative/pop and 10% Christian. But lately I've been listening to Pink Floyd while I cook supper. I'm a lady with many quirks.

{three}
I am so excited to sleep in tomorrow! I don't think I'll actually be able to sleep in, but not waking up to an alarm and being able to hang out in bed even for just half an hour will be glorious!

{four}
I started writing this 3 hours ago and then ended up on Skype with R. It was lovely to catch up on our weeks! She and H. will both be in the city next weekend and I am so excited to celebrate Valentine's Day with two of my favourite people! None of us have any sort of romantic relationships or potential romantic relationships so we're planning to spend the weekend eating delicious food, enjoying wine in the hot tub and being together.

{five}
I had no idea how much time I spent blogging before this week. But working all day has really made me realize that it was a lot. I haven't had any solid chunk of time to dedicate to writing posts, reading other blogs, leaving comments or planning posts. I am planning on taking time at some point this weekend to figure out what kind of blogging & working balance I want to achieve. I know that it is pretty unlikely I will be able to go back to posting 5-6 times a week and I don't want to limit myself to once or twice a week.

4 comments:

  1. its always good to vent about your day and all. having a crock pot in the best. You can cook whatever in it. Roast with carrots and potatoes, home made mac and cheese, dumplings, you can even cook chilli in it. LOL or soups.

    Basically anything.......

    sounds like you need to type in google - crock pot recipes LOL

    hotpinkowl07.blogspot.com

    Enjoying reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. get the slow cooker asap. like…right now. there are so many amazing recipes…and they are healthy too! showing some linkup love…new reader! yay!

    karli - http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from the link up! Hope you enjoyed sleeping in this morning (such a treat not having to set that alarm now and then! :)) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow cookers are AMAZING. Get one, get one now.

    ReplyDelete