Monday 10 February 2014

Liebster Love!

The lovely Nina over at The Grand Adventures of Me nominated me for a Liebster Award! Nina is one of the funniest and kindest bloggers I've ever "met". If you're not reading her blog you need to stop whatever it is your doing right now (ok, maybe wait and finish reading my post first) and go check her out. 




Nina's Questions:

If you could only celebrate one holiday a year, which would it be?
My half birthday! I don't care much for my "real" birthday since it's in January and it's always cold and snowy. My half birthday however falls in July, when I am usually at camp and I can force people to make a big deal out of it and give me attention. #noshame

Which is better: the morning or the night?
I am a night owl.

Although mornings do come with coffee so they're not entirely bad.


If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you want to be stranded with and what is the one item you would want to have?
I would have a hard time choosing which friend to bring. It would probably be H. or R. but a male friend who is up for cuddles would also be a good choice. I'd want to have some sort of food /water supply. I'd enjoy the experience a lot more if I wasn't worried about dying. 


Were you more interested in the Superbowl or the Bruno Mars half time show Sunday night? If you didn't watch either, what did you spend your Sunday evening doing?
I didn't watch either. Sunday I got ready for my first day of my grown up job! 

If you are a religious person, how does religion affect your life?
I am constantly praying about something. Knowing that I don't have to stress about things or find words or actions to express how thankful I am but instead turing it over to God is a huge comfort to me. I struggle with anxiety but my faith is really something that helps me through that, I can't image how much worse I would be if I didn't have God to lean on. 

The last thing you bought was . . .
Groceries! And not even exciting groceries just chicken, veggies, bread and tortilla chips. 

 Do you have any embarrassing stories you're willing to share with the internet world?
I try and block embarrassing moments from my mind as soon as they happen so I don't dwell on them. But earlier this week I had a guy in my building ask if I was lost as I aimlessly drove my car around the underground parking trying to find my spot. 

What is your number one pet peeve?
Food touching other foods. 

What do you prefer: movies, books, or the interwebz?
Can't I have them all!? I enjoy watching movies while browsing the interwebz, but I love reading and books. But the internet is just flat out amazing. 

What is your favorite season?
SUMMER! This isn't even up for debate.

Why do you blog?
It started off as just something to do. Now it's developed into a place I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts or rants and documenting what's happening in my life. 

I was also nominated by Caitlyn over at Enigmatic Ambiance (doesn't she have the coolest blog name ever!?) We share a common love for dinosaurs, so you need to go check her out too.

Caitlyn's Questions:

What is your dream job?
I'm an assistant camp director so I'm pretty darn close to what I would consider my dream job. Someday I hope to be director of a Christian Summer Camp & Conference Centre but I am pretty happy where I am working with people with disabilities. 

Tell me about your first kiss.  
I'm pretty sure my first kiss was with the boy who lived next door when we were both around 4 or 5. My first real kiss was when I was 16 or 17 and it was my first summer as a full time counsellor.

Do you have a favorite song?  What is it?
Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls will always and forever be my all-time favourite song. It's been my favourite song for years and I can't imagine ever loving a song more than I love that one.

What is at the top of your bucket list? 
Get married (at camp) & have children.

I'm obsessed with dinosaurs.  What are you obsessed with? 
I too love dinosaurs. I also love tie-dye and anything camp related.

When is the last time you took a bubble bath?
Um, when I was 9 or 10? I have no idea, I don't get the whole bath thing. I get bored just sitting there. 

Would you rather live without TV or music? 
I'm going to say music, because there are lots of music channels on TV I could still watch.

Where is your favorite place to shop?  Can be an actual store or online. 
Old Navy is probably my 'go to'. Lately I've been liking a lot of stuff from American Eagle.

Who is your bloggy crush? 
I've never thought about it! 

What is your favorite Mean Girls quote? 
"And none for Gretchen Weiners." 
I can't explain why it's my favourite, it just seems to be the one I can use most often in real life. 

Are you excited about anything?
Summer! And in the more near future H. & R. are coming to the city this weekend for a Galintines Day Weekend! 

I was nominated for the Liebster Award a few weeks back by some other awesome bloggers you can check out that post here

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE making a big deal out of my half birthday. But no one else understands me. Probably because it's in December amongst the hustle and bustle. Probably because no one else cares. Probably because I'm an adult. I love all your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I love bubble baths! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we just talk about Slide? Please? I love that song, so much.

    ReplyDelete