Monday 24 February 2014

Back to Blogging & Ready to Mingle!


This week is week #4 of the new job in the city. And with week #4 comes a certain level of routine and familiarity. In other words I'm ready to recommit to the blogging world and my first order of business is to link up with Meg @ Life of Meg for Mingle Monday

Friday Roomie #1 left for the weekend to judge a figure skating competition and Roomie #2 was off to a Girls' Night with her classmates so I had the place to myself. I celebrated by taking a long, hot shower , getting into my PJs and being asleep by 11. 


Saturday I slept in until 9 and then had a productive morning of laundry & grocery shopping. Saturday was "100 Days Until Camp Day!"So H. and I decided to mark the occasion Saturday night. We made three different kinds of s'mores and watched Camp Takota .


I highly recommend s'mores made with Dairy Milk Sweet & Salty Peanut Bars. They were extra delicious!


I have pretty high standards when it comes to camp movies. They usually fall into one of two categories: Totally Over The Top And Ridiculous (Wet Hot American Summer) or Questionable But Sweet (Camp Nowhere). Camp Takota struck a really good balance of capturing the uniqueness and sacredness of camp friendships but also including some silly moments and a few plot holes noticeable to those of us in full time camping. 

I've never had allergies before but the last few days and especially Saturday & Sunday I have been so sneezy and stuffed up, I don't feel the slightest bit sick, it's the weirdest thing. I ventured out Sunday to get some sinus medication but that doesn't seem to be helping in any great way. I have no idea what could be causing it since I haven't changed any soaps or detergents, there aren't any pets around, February is certainly not a season for pollen, the apartment isn't dusty...seriously the strangest thing. 

The rest of my Sunday was spent reading Why We Broke Up. It's been a long time since I finished a book and knew immediately I'd read it again and it would remain a permanent addition on my bookshelf. I love sad books and this one made my heart hurt in all the best ways. It's definitely not for everyone though, it's written in a very poetic-prose type way that would drive some people crazy. 

I have another busy week of work this week but I have some posts planned out in my drafts that just need a few finishing touches and they'll be ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm glad to hear you are staring to settle into the new job. Hope it is going well. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that sounds like a fantastic book! I'm glad the job is going well! Also, those smores look delicious. I had a smore this weekend by a bonfire - camp style as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book! And those s'mores look delicious - s'mores are probably my favorite dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Found you on the blog mingle :) I love smores! Takes me back to the days of my childhood, and then the recapturing of said childhood when I was a camp counselor. Hope you are enjoying your new job! Nice to virtually meet you :)
    -Alexandra Anne
    chandelier27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete