Wednesday 16 September 2015

Blogtember 2015: Real Life vs Online


Blogtember is digging a little deeper today. Asking us to write about the differences between our "real life" and our "online life". In all honesty there's not a huge difference I love coffee and cola (separately, not together). I love Jesus and summer camp (ideally, together). I have two best friends and one boyfriend. I'm not interested in fad diets or workouts but I love cooking for loved ones and going hiking. I like watching the evening news, reading books about other people's lives and listening to country music. 

I love blogging because it allows me to connect with people and it gives me an outlet for my writing. I will fully admit to maybe being a little more reserved here in Blogland, although I'm a pretty quiet person in real life too. I am very cautious about what information I share on my blog and I never share photos of people without their permission. And since I'm still firmly planting in the blogging closet, I don't have people's permission. In real life I love sharing camp stories and while I do that on the blog I am a little more restricted by confidentially agreements. I save all my specific photos and stories for my scrapbooks and journals. 

Maybe this revelation isn't as thrilling as if I were to write about some kind of double life. A blogger who loves Jesus and celebrates the simple things versus a rebel without a cause who hates everyone and everything. In the words of Kenny Chesney, "I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not, I'm sure happy with what I've got. I live to love and laugh a lot And that's all I need."

No comments:

Post a Comment