Friday 11 September 2015

Blogtember 2015: Friday Night In


To be honest, the vast majority of my Friday night's are spent "in". J. works on Saturday mornings so we typically have Saturday night dates or Sunday day dates. Leaving my Friday nights all my own, and my introverted heart is very happy that I have a night all to myself. 

I like to start off the night with something tasty for supper. Usually this is homemade pizza or chicken  with veggies and rice. Tonight I'm making tacos because I've developed a light obsession with them and I just want to eat tacos all day everyday. After supper I like to watch the evening news (possibly with a cup of tea and a sweet) and catch up with my parents. 

I've also developed a new found love for jigsaw puzzles. I've discovered that I get frustrated if I work on it for too long so I turn on a documentary and give myself the length of the movie to work on the puzzle. After that I put it away and move on to something else. At this point during my Friday night I like to take a hot shower and get into my pyjamas, even if it's still early. 

If I have a scrapbooking project in the works I'll probably work on that for another hour or so and if not then I might read for a little bit. My favourite Friday night treat is chips & dip with an ice cold glass of pop. If H. & R. are also enjoying a Friday night in then the three of us will Skype! 

Three different time zones makes Skyping a little challenging, by the time we've gotten caught up and factored in some general girl talk it's close to midnight in my part of the world. Once we say our goodnights and hang up I take a minute to jot down a few sentences in my journal before calling it a night!

You can share your favourite "Friday Night In" plans over at Brave Love!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great Friday night in Donna!! I haven't used Skype in ages because it always freezes when I use it ha! I always get frustrated with jigsaw or word puzzles myself if I can't figure them out lol

    ReplyDelete