Sunday 20 September 2015

Blogtember 2015: Guilty Pleasures

My guilty pleasures can be separated into two categories: Food and TLC.



I have a deep love for Fried Chicken. And none of that chain restaurant stuff. There's a local-ish place here that makes the absolute best fried chicken, it's 45 minutes away and there's always a wait but it's worth every second. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Obviously not a guilty pleasure I indulge in frequently but a couple times a year we make the pilgrimage for fried chicken and all is right in the world. I'd love to go on an epic southern road trip and try all the fried chicken...this road trip couldn't end at the beach because I'd weigh two tonnes by the end of it, but the process would be delicious. 

Nacho Cheese Doritos are the tastiest of Doritos, this are a more common guilty pleasure along side the dark pop guilty pleasure, which is probably way too common of an indulgence. The last one in the food category is plain, rippled chips paired with onion dip. Chips & Dip is a special snack I save for when I really need a treat but it really is the most delicious. 

And what better to pair junk food with than junk TV!? I know full well that TLC is full of ridiculous, but man...I love me some TLC. And to their credit, typically shows start off strong. The first season (or at least the first few episodes) are fascinating, just people living their lives and doing their thing. Inviting the world to see that differences are good. Things go down hill when in some way or another the people stop being sensible human beings. Which is upsetting because then they're just reaffirming stereotypes instead of helping to break them down, which 9 times out of 10 is the main reason they cite for filming a show in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. And one that I guiltily support by getting sucked in to various marathons and occasionally Googling the latest gossip related to the shows.

Now that I've confessed my guilty pleasure you should all head over to Blogtember and share yours as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment