Wednesday 19 October 2016

Things I've Never Done (And Probably Never Will)

On Monday I wrote about some posts that have been sitting in my drafts for awhile and a few people seemed super interested in reading this particular post. Before we go any further I'm going to clarify that I'm not trying to be judgemental or attack anyone personally. If you happen to enjoy spending the day at a spa, drinking juice and blogging about blogging, more power to you. In the wise words of Amy Poehler, "good for you, not for me."



I've never gotten a pedicure or a facial or a massage or been to a spa. There is nothing appealing to me about having a stranger touch me. And I know that the mark of a good spa is super hygienic but I still hear some horror stories about people picking up funguses and infections and I just can't get past the idea.

Gone on vacation to an all-exclusive resort in Dominican/Mexico/Cuba etc.. This falls into the 'good for you, not for me' category. First of all the idea of sitting on a beach all week sounds painfully boring, factor in the idea of sitting on a beach potentially surrounded by a bunch of drunk people and I would rather stay in snowy, cold Canada. I also have some mixed emotions about the gap between being on a resort and what goes on outside of the resort gate.

Give advice about how to blog. Sure, I can help you set up a blogger account and recommend someone to design a custom layout (Erin) but after that you're on your own. Blog about what you want, share (or don't share) whatever photos you want, it's your blog and your life and do whatever works for you.

You know what I enjoy doing on a regular basis? Eating. So you know what I won't be doing anytime ever? A cleanse. You can't convince me that starving myself for a few days while I sip juices or eat soup and drink charcoal concoctions is healthy.

Get a tattoo. I appreciate art on my walls, not on my body. I think it looks unprofessional when people have tattoos peeking out of every article of clothing and just don't understand the hype. 

Change my hair colour. I just can't be bothered, once you start you can't stop because then you'll have roots or odd coloured hair...and that's just so much money! I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars just to make my hair a different colour. Maybe I'll have different opinions on this in the future should I have grey hair, but even then I'm confident it won't be anything elaborate and won't involve anything other than natural hair colours. 

Leave anonymous, hateful comments online. Why? I would never say that to someone's face so why on earth would I type it and send it off into cyber space? 

Spend more than $15 on any given make up/item. You can't convince me your $80 mascara does anything that my $8 mascara doesn't. If I'm spending $80 on something that is going to need replacing in a few months it better be edible or do more than darken my eyelashes. 

Aquire a collection of costume jewelry. This is probably related to the hair colour, I just can't be bothered. I wear the same jewellery every day, occasionally swapping out half a dozen necklaces or so but that's where it ends. I sort of admire the people who have a gift for accessorizing but not enough to do it myself.

What are things you've never done that the rest of the world seems to be enamoured with?


No comments:

Post a Comment