Monday 31 October 2016

Halloweekend

My weekend started on Thursday when I headed out on a little road trip to visit H. & R. I arrived just before supper so the first thing on our to do list was to make quesadillas. We were so busy cooking and chatting that I neglected to take any photos but it was a pretty low key night. H. had to work on Friday so R. and I hung out for most of the day. We ended up getting lunch at a little restaurant downtown and then R. insisted I watch an episode of Gilmore Girls with her. My verdict is still that it's not the worst show, but I'm pretty uninterested in the whole thing. Once H. got home from work we picked up our other friend M. and headed out on a little mission to camp to take our annual sign photo. We didn't get around to doing it this year (possibly because we don't even all work there anymore) but it's a fun tradition so we made it happen.

We all headed back to H. & R.'s to make pizza which became a hilarious process and a lesson in practical math because we all like different things but it all worked out in the end. The four of us spent the rest of the evening playing Creationary (it's like Pictonary, but with Legos) and drinking a lot of wine into the wee hours of the morning. 


Saturday we had a slow start but it was probably for the best. We made a quick stop for happy meals and then headed to Old Navy, Costco and Cabela's (the last one was just for me, the other two tested folding chairs while I perused the camping gear). We headed home after that and made Pad Thai for supper. The weather was pretty rainy all weekend so that eliminated a lot of the entertainment options so we scrolled through Netflix and ended up watching The Fundamentals of Caring. I was totally on board with it up until towards the end when it got a little weird, but I think it's still worth a watch. I would really like to read the book because I suspect that some of the plot points that seemed rushed or odd in the movie are portrayed in more detail in the book. 

I left after breakfast on Sunday because I had to be back home in time for our Spark/Brownie Halloween party. It was just as chaotic as you would imagine. We have 19 girls and most of them had spent the afternoon at a birthday party and then came to us...sometimes I'm pretty thankful I didn't have to take any of them home with me and try to get them to bed. Although I am pretty excited to see some of them tonight for trick-or-treating and to eat some of my own treats!

SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, the pizza looks delish! Creationary sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete