Friday 19 June 2015

Second Session Favourites

Our second session of camp wrapped up yesterday and I headed home for our longest session break of the summer. Making my first favourite of this week the fact that I'm writing this post from my living room couch. With a hot cup of coffee, reliable internet connection and no chance of being interrupted from the writing process but someone needing to know where the keys are to the shed or asking what's for breakfast. 

The start of my week was hidden with some unexpected favourite things. There was a mix up with the food order so myself and one of the head counsellors went on a grocery shopping adventure. Both those overflowing carts belong to us...our shopping list included 90 lbs of potatoes, 20 dozen eggs, 20 litres of apple juice, 20 litres of orange juice, 30 heads of lettuce, 10 lbs of tomatoes and 15 cucumbers. We got some looks as we looked at the grocery list the cooks had given us and tried to calculate how many packages of mushrooms we need to buy to be close to the one case of mushrooms they had ordered from our grocery supplier. Even if it's a little more stressful and confusion than usual grocery shopping is always my favourite

Chicken Cesar Salad is quite possibly my favourite meal, especially when it has real bacon and parmesan cheese and just the right amount of dressing. Chicken Cesar was my last non camp meal of the week before last session started and every bite was my favourite. Making the counsellors feel appreciated, loved and supported is not only one of the most important things I do but it's also one of my favourite things. This week I used Wunderbars and pieces of scrapbook paper to wish everyone a "wonderful week". 



After our marathon grocery shopping adventure N. and I made a pitstop for frozen yogurt before heading back to camp. Frozen yogurt is 100% a favourite.  Mine is on the left and on that particular evening I went for caramel frozen yogurt topped with graham cracker crumbs, gummy bears and hot fudge. Just looking at that photo makes me want more!


Sunlight reflecting off the water is my favourite.  The perfection of those moments when the sun is setting and hitting everything just right makes me feel all warm inside and filled with awe over how many amazing things happen in nature on a daily basis. I love spending time outdoors because it's where I feel really connected to God and 'see' Him at work. 

 

More spectacular sunlight reflection and the obligatory sunset photo for the week.


I've got a lot of weekend favourites over the next few days. Starting with an afternoon of Food Network shows and supper with J.. It's finally starting to feel like summer around here with temperatures in the low 20s and I'm excited to switch to shorts and t-shirts instead of pants and hoodies!

Linking up with Oh Hey, Friday & Friday Favourites!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a much deserved break!! Frozen yogurt is a favorite in our house too. Such a yummy treat.

    ReplyDelete