Monday 1 June 2015

Monday Mish-Mash

It's a rare occasion during the summer when my days off are actually a legitimate weekend but wouldn't you know that's exactly what happened this past weekend. Staff Training ended Thursday afternoon and our first session starts on Monday. We did have a rental group on site from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon so I didn't exactly have free roam of the place but I made it work.

Friday evening I went into town to pick up a few groceries, put my cheque in the bank and run a few errands. I ended up cooking a frozen pizza for supper and spending the rest of the night hiding out in my room with chips & dip catching up on my Bloglovin' feed that has been neglected the past two weeks. 

Saturday I did all my favourite camp things, jumping on the trampoline at dusk, watching the sunset and walking along the shore with my camera. Plus I indulged in the simple act of sleeping in a little later than usual and laying in bed with a book for an hour before I really started my day. Savouring the simple things will be a theme this summer. 


Sunday I slept in (and by sleeping in I mean 9:00 a.m.) then did some more reading in bed before finding the motivation to get up and start my day. I did two loads of laundry and cooked a big batch of chicken and rice to freeze in individual portions and did a major tidy and organization job on my bedroom. I love spending Sunday preparing for the week ahead and recharging my batteries. Sunday evening I went to see Pitch Perfect 2. It was by far the best movie going experience I've had in recent memory and if you liked the first movie you should definitely check out the sequel. I'm not a huge Rebel Wilson fan, but I love Anna Kendrick and overall it was a pretty cute and fun movie. 



My goal for the weekend (break) was very much to fill my time with the things that make me happy, to prepare as best I could for the week ahead and start the week feeling refreshed and relaxed. And I definitely consider that goal to be accomplished. I'm looking forward to our first session and I'm optimistic that a more consistent schedule will allow more time for blogging!

Linking up here & here.

1 comment:

  1. Sleeping in sounds glorious! My internal clock wakes me up at 6:15 every day! Yesterday I was kidless and actually slept until 7:30! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete