Friday 12 June 2015

Chicken Strips & Groundhogs

{one}

There's a family of groundhogs that live at camp and we hadn't seen them this year, presumably because there's been a lot of construction happening after the winter. During break though I was strolling around camp with my camera when I accidentally stumbled upon the happy family. I spent well over an hour quietly observing and taking some family photos of Mama Groundhog and her six littles. Sitting outside and watching animals go about their business is one of the most relaxing things for me. Especially if I happen to have my camera and can take photos. It's occurred to me that I would love to be a wildlife photographer. Although I have no idea how to go about that. And I'm pretty happy with my current job. 


{two}

I love cooking and making balanced meals. I am also a connoisseur of chicken strips. Go ahead and judge me. Tuesday I went into town to pick up a few groceries and decided to grab some chicken strips from the deli counter to have for supper that night and lunch the next day. When the lady at the counter took my order for 8 chicken strips she was kind enough to inform me that the special for the day was 10 strips and medium wedges. So for an extra $2 I could get two more strips plus wedges. I thanked her for letting me know and said I'd take the special. As she handed me the box she let me know that she threw in some extra strips because they were only small. She was pretty much my favourite lady for the rest of the day. And I got 3 meals of chicken strips instead of two (don't judge).

{three}

Today's Friday Favourites post marks 300 published blog entries! I don't have any deep thoughts or reflections on the matter, just seems like something that should be acknowledged!

{four}
Via
I love lime all year round. Summer makes me love it a little extra though. Slices of fresh lime in ice water, lime flavoured popsicles, Pepsi with lime, coconut lime drinks. Everything lime, all the time. Plus, it's a pretty colour!


{five}

Last, but not least, the mandatory sunset image of the week.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment