Tuesday 17 March 2015

Tuesday Talk: Bookshelf Edition

I've always been a reader. You can read about some of my favourite books in this post and there have been a lot of other mentions about my favourite books over the lifespan of this blog. 

Once my contract is over for work I'm planning on doing some serious reading. So it seems fitting to do another post about what books I've got waiting on my bookshelf. I'm especially looking forward to reading in the sunshine while J. & I are on vacation next month. So far I have three books that I will definitely be packing but I'd like to add a fourth. I'm a pretty fast reader and J. is planning on playing a few rounds of golf which will be guaranteed reading time. I'd rather have one extra than one too few!

First up is The Fringe Hours.

I have really high expectations for this book. I first heard about it in blogland and I've read multiple reviews that really sing it's praises. With summer approaching and camp life looming making time for me is something I desperately need to improve on this year. I'm hoping that this book will really inspire me to make me time a priority. 

Second is Wonder courtsey of the lovely Elizabeth over at This Savvy Life


Elizabeth sent me this book as part of the Galentine's Day Swap I participated in through The Blogging Elite and I'm looking forward to having a lighter but not too light of a read after I finish The Fringe Hours. I love young adult books like this one that are pre-teen/teen friendly and have a really good message. I'm so excited to read this that it just might get bumped into first place ahead of The Fringe Hours!

Lastly (for now) is Kin. 

I adore Lesley Crewe's books and this one has a lot of really positive reviews. I'm anticipating the other two books leaving me with lots to think about long after the last page is turned. With this one I know I'll love it, but when it's over, it's over. It might be a book that I re-read a few times but I'm not anticipating it to leave a deep lasting impact.

I'd love to add a few more books to my must reads list. What books have you been talking about lately? 


No comments:

Post a Comment