Wednesday 18 March 2015

My Kinda People

Pinterest
The other day I was chatting with a co-worker who I don't interact with a whole lot and after the conversation I mentioned to a friend that "I wish I got to talk to co-worker #1 more because they seem like my kind of person.". Almost immediately my friend gave me a confused look and inquired what exactly I meant by "my kind of person". 

After much deliberation I determined that "my kind of person" is...

Someone who has long term goals and is working towards achieve them.
Someone who is kind towards others.
Someone who can form their own opinions on everything from nail polish or politics.
Someone who has their own opinions and respects others' opinions.
Someone who likes to eat snacks. 
Someone who isn't afraid to admit they still call their mom for advice.
Someone who strives to make the world a better place.
Someone who has a sense of faith.
Someone who isn't consumed by pop culture, but doesn't live under a rock either.
Someone who is hard working and not scared to get their hands dirty.
Someone who appreciates a quiet moment.
Someone who enjoys a good dance party.
Someone whose life doesn't revolve around drinking & partying.
Someone who has a sense of humour.
Someone who is non-judgemental.
Someone who is passionate about the things they love.
Someone who is supportive.

Now, I'm not saying that all of my friends and acquaintances fit into one box. They definitley do not. At the same time I do gravitate towards people who have similar interests and values and shared life experiences (I'm pretty sure that's human nature). You might notice that a lot of my 'requirements' are vague. Which was intentional. "Making the world a better place" can be done in so many different ways. I have friends who are occupational therapists, teachers and nurses who get paid to help. I also have friends that work in more corporate environments and donate money and others who volunteer a few hours a month. I'm a big believer in the idea people serve/give in different ways (that's probably a post for a different day).

What kind of people do you surround yourself with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment