Thursday 16 May 2013

Perspective

Today's prompt is to write about our lot in life, something difficult that we are working to overcome. 

And again, because I've been assured the blogging police aren't going to come knockin' on my door, I'm going to pass. It's not that I've had it easy, but in the whole scheme of the world I've had it pretty good. I've always had a house, bed, food, more clothes than necessary, parents...up until the age of 15 I had all four grandparents and 3 great-grandparents. I've mentioned before that I'm a recovering pessimist and spending time complaining about things that are out of my control just doesn't seem healthy. I'm not judging anyone that de-stresses after a long day or stressful situation by complaining to their best friend, if that's what works for you, go for it! But that's not me. 

Yes, I've had bad things happen, and sometimes I get incredibly sooky that the plan I had in my head isn't what's happening. Everyday I'm getting better about really trusting God and knowing that the rough spots happen for a reason. Surviving the rough spots makes you stronger and I'm thankful for opportunities to grow and learn.

On that note I need to get ready, head to town and pick up a few last things I need for camp. Come home and finish packing in time to enjoy tonight's Grey's Anatomy finale! Friday I'm off to Girl Guide camp for the night and then Sunday is a 6-7 hour drive to camp! I'm not sure what blogging will look like once I get to camp. I really want to keep up with it, but it's going to be somewhat dependent on the internet situation. Last summer we couldn't get the wi-fi router to install on the office computer because it was too old. This summer there is a new computer in the office so fingers crossed! Not that I will spending any great amount of time on the internet, it's just nice to be able to publish posts and stay somewhat connected during the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment