Wednesday 17 September 2014

Things I've Cried About This Week

This week's edition of Humpday Confessions I present to you, inhabitants of blogland, a list of things that have made me cry this week.
  • Re-Run of 19 Kids & Counting with Joseph is reunited with the family after finishing ALERT Training.
  • Ikea commercial featuring Buddy Holly's "Everyday".
  • I got BBQ sauce on my sock.
  • A story in the newspaper about a little boy who is in remission from cancer and helping to raise money.
  • Jason Maraz singing on Live with Kelly & Michael Tuesday morning.
  • A girl I went to high school with announced her engagement on Facebook.
  • This newspaper article from B.C.
  • H. & R. are just SO. FAR. AWAY. 
  • I tried to send photos into Wal-Mart to get prints made and when I went to pick them up there was an error with the files and so only 40 (out of 100) photos printed. 
  • I decided to bake some brownies last night, and then used the wrong pan because I wasn't paying attention. Turns out if you bake brownies in a 6x6 pan instead of an 8x8 pan they will not turn out. They'll get all cake like not at all what you wanted.
  • I've been getting a lot of comments from 'no-reply' bloggers over the past few days and I feel bad because I make an effort to respond and I worry all these 'no-repliers' will think I'm a terrible person.

I don't like focusing on the negatives (or craziness as the case may be) so I'll also make note of a few things that have made me smile this week.
  • We got a Wal-Mart SuperCentre in my little corner of the world and it turns out you can buy pre-made guacamole there and it's delicious. And so cheap (compared to buying avocados) and surprisingly it isn't full of sketchy ingredients. I ate guacamole & chips twice this week for lunch.
  • I've been up past my bedtime almost every night this week because time zones are terrible and when it's 11:00 p.m. on the east coast it's supper time for R. I'm so thankful for technology but my sleep is suffering.
  • During the same ill-fated Wal-Mart trip with the photos I bought a very happy red mug that I've been drinking my coffee & tea out of to start my mornings.
  • I've been participating in the Blog-tember Challenge with Bailey Jean and I have stumbled across so many great blogs! 

What's made you laugh, cry, fill with rage this week? Share your stories and go link up with Kathy


8 comments:

  1. Whats made me cry this week? I have been thinking about letting go of my ford explorer to catch us up on rent. Yes, this brought tears. I have very few things in my possession that I have worked my butt off for, paid off and still have. This is one of them. I am still on the fence whether or not I will be letting it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant even rem if I cried this week, but I probably did for some crazy thing or the other. Sometimes you just need to release the waterworks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaha--I've had weeks like this, believe me. Pre-made guac that actually tastes good is really worth a big smile, though, most pre-made guac is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My inability to get to sleep every night this week has made me want to cry. I just get so frustrated laying there knowing that I'm missing valuable minutes/hours of sleepage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got a mug for my birthday and i HAVE to drink my coffee or tea out of it.
    i make my own guac; it's so easy and deeeelish!

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good guac for a good price is a find!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm I will have to find this guac at Wallyworld! I love guacamole and chips. And I cried this week because I cannot seem to get any sleep and it makes me sooooo upset. I just want to sleep 8 hours straight and when things interrupt that I am not a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any chance you know who sang the ikea commercial's version of Buddy Holly's song "Everyday";
    or if the even released it perhaps?

    ReplyDelete