Tuesday 9 September 2014

ISFJ

I know that there are people out there who think "Personality Types" is a bunch of bologna. Everyone is a little bit of everything depending on the circumstances. It may be true that some people are a little bit of everything sometimes, but not me. I'm an ISFJ through & through. 

Pinterest
I relate to being an introvert. I love my friends and really value continuing family traditions but at the end of the day I need alone time. I need to be able to sit alone with my thoughts, doodle in my sketch book and put the day into words in a notebook. If I go too long feeling like I need to be around people I start to feel really overwhelmed, which leads to anxiety and we all know that's a bad scene. I appreciate when people recognize my hand work, but I don't like to be made the centre of attention, which explains my love of warm fuzzies. I'm pretty observant when it comes to how other people are feeling but I don't always let on that I know what's going on with someone because I figure if they wanted to talk to me about it they would. Along the same lines of being observant when it comes to people, I have a really good memory for little details about people. Favourite colours, songs, movies, names of first grade teachers, if you mention it to me once the odds are pretty good that I'll remember. And if I ever have to buy you a present you better believe that I'll use one of those details to craft some sort of thoughtful and personal gift. 

I'm a total rule follower, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I read somewhere that ISFJs value lists and organization so much because it helps them make sense of all the information they store in their head. I love to-do lists and colour-coded organizational systems but my systems don't always make sense for other people. The way I group things together is rarely logical to anyone other than myself. 

When I believe in something or someone or get involved with something I stick with it, even when it may be best to walk away. That all circles around the responsibility, patient, devoted, dependable, loyal and honouring commitment traits. 

Overall I think it's a pretty good personality to have, there are a lot of downsides to being so attentive and sensitive and introverted but everyday I figure out more ways to use my strengths to my advantage and overcome the hard parts!

What's your personality type? Head over to Brave Love and link up with Bailey Jean to share yours!

4 comments:

  1. I'm an INFP but I still love a good list! Haha, even creativity needs some structure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have pretty much summed me up here. We are twinsy. I love helping others, and but treasure my alone time at the end of the day. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to take this test again! It's been so long since I last did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think is it important to know your weaknesses but thrive with your strengths :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete