Monday 8 September 2014

Summer Jams & All-Time Faves

For months it's been on my list to join Kelli at Just Beachy for her Picture Practice link up, but I always forget until it's too late. I remembered this week though and it just so happens that the topic for today's Picture Practice is "The Sky". I love sunsets, which means I have a lot of sunset/sky photos in my archives. I don't get a lot of down time during the summer but one of my favourite things to do is take a few minutes at the end of the day to watch the sunset. 


I don't like to do anything while watching a sunset except be in the moment and watch the sky, but the rest of the day I'm pretty much always listening to music. 

I can spend hours crafting the perfect playlist to fit my mood and I love discovering new music to add to my list. I always feel a little anxious when I recommend music to others though, I'm worried they'll judge my taste or think I'm a crazy person. And what I listen to totally depends on my mood I spent a lot of time this summer bopping around to Timber  although mostly in the car or when I was alone because let's face it, it's a terrible song and totally not camp appropriate. I also listened to My Lighthouse by Rend Collective a whole lot this summer. Everyday by Buddy Holly was also a popular song this summer, in large part because one of our male staff played it on his guitar daily (if not hourly). And way back in April or May H., R. & I decided that Be Okay would be our song of the summer so we listened to that non-stop as well. 

In addition to all those songs that will go down as "Summer 2014" songs I also have a few all-time favourites that I've loved for a very long time and will continue to love for a very long time. 

All-Time Favourites





What songs will forever remind you of summer 2014? Do you have any all-time favourite songs that you'll love for as long as you live? Go ahead and link up with Bailey Jean for Blog-tember and share your music tastes!

9 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you went into detail about your "relationship" with music. And I love love LOVE that picture of the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sunset picture, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sunset picture, I wish I could get more sunsets here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picture!! Thanks for sharing your list…a lot of new ones to me. I love the Ben Folds song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these songs, I'd only heard of the Goo Goo Dolls in this list. I listened to the others and I like them too. I'm stopping by from the link up. I hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked at a camp for two summers and I have two songs that will take me back there in an instant! Camp is such a unique experience... Not many people truly understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo! I love to snap pics of sunrise and drink coffee. Sunset I'm usually just hanging out taking a photo or two and watching the sky.

    ReplyDelete