Tuesday 30 September 2014

September Coffee Date


If we met for coffee this week I'd suggest we grab a bagel too because I love bagels and I haven't had one in over a month. I might even suggest we have coffee at home so I can stay in my jogging pants. 

If this is our first coffee date I will listen more than I'll talk until I have a better idea of what kinds of things we should talk about. If this is a reoccurring coffee date then I'll dive right in and let you know that my contract ends this week and I still don't know what's coming next. That I am worried and anxious about the next few months. That I've been putting myself out there, had some hopeful moments but so far nothing has really worked out. If you're interested in talking faith & theology then I would let you know that Habukkuk 1:5 has become a source of comfort lately.

I would ask you how things are going in your life and hope that you'd provide updates on your love life, work life and anything else that's interesting or important. Leaving lots of time for discussion.

Gradually we'd transition from life's 'serious' matters into new T.V. shows we've discovered and Pinterest projects we're dying to try. I'd let you know that I watched the pilot for Girl Meets World when it first premiered and wasn't blown away, but I went back and watched all the episodes and it's grown on me. I fell into the hype and watched How To Get Away With Murder, it wasn't phenomenal but I'm interested enough to keep watching. This would lead to an in-depth analysis of Grey's Anatomy and how that show is going to end.

We would wrap things up when the pot was emptied, our faces are sore from smiling and our souls feel  refreshed. And agree that this is something we need to do more often.

Linking up with Brave Love for the last day of Blog-Tember.

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. Love that you listen so much!! (IYKWIM...obviously it's a 'pretend' post but you must listen a lot in real life for you to have made that so very clear in your post!). Had to chuckle about the jogging pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat post! It'd be so cool to go out with coffee with you (or stay in if you want).
    I'd tell you that I can't have coffee so I'd order a water. I haven't touched the bible in forever but that's cause I am struggling really bad with my relationship with God right now. I'd tell you that the only show I've watched is "Selfie" and it's only because it reminds me so much of my partner and I. I'd also tell you that I haven't even try Pinterest anything. Then I'd say it wonderful having coffee with you and I can't wait to have some more!

    ReplyDelete