Tuesday 21 January 2014

Liebster Award!

Over the past few days I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by three lovely bloggers! Jenny at Wonderfully Complex, Minttu at I am Mrs K and Katherine at Katherine Nicole . The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers and once nominated the blogger must give 11 facts about themselves, answer 11 questions, nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer! 

I'm going to cut corners just a little bit here because 33 facts is A LOT of facts, so I'll share 15 and call it a day. 

15 Facts

I can't stand having dry skin! I always have a full supply of hand cream, cuticle cream, foot cream, and body butter to combat winter skin. (Moisturize Me!) 

I don't understand people who don't like to cuddle. What's not to love!?

I sleep so much better when I fall asleep to the sound of voices (usually a TV show on in the background), I've tried to break myself of the habit but I just can't seem to make it happen.

Squirrels are my favourite animals, but I also have a soft spot for polar bears.

I enjoy a few glasses of wine every now and then with friends but I don't see the appeal in hitting the bar scene every weekend.

I've had future baby names picked out since I was sixteen. 

I've never dyed my hair.

Alton Brown is my favourite Food Network star.

I've embraced leggings as pants it was a life changing decision and I don't regret a thing.

I love ice coffee and anxiously wait for "ice coffee season" to arrive each year.

I don't remember learning how to swim or skate, they're both things I just grew up doing.

I could spend hours browsing books at Chapters.

I really enjoy doing yoga but I'm horrible at making myself do it every day.

I can't stand when my feet are cold.

Gummy candies are my favourite but I don't like when they're covered with sugar. Sour Patch Kids are the only exception.

Now for answers to questions! 

Katherine's Questions:

1. If you could spend a year anywhere in the world--where would you go and what would you do there?  I'd love to just travel about Canada & the US, visit all the provinces/territories and as many states as possible! 
2. Where is your favorite place to shop? Lately I've been buying most of my clothes at American Eagle!  I think Old Navy is my favourite store though.
3. How long have you been blogging? Just under a year. 
4. How did you pick your blog name? I wanted something short, catchy and that wasn't already taken. I knew I was going to blog a lot about camp, outdoors, my faith and everything in-between. Rainy days are my favourite so I wanted to incorporate that and after a lot of talking it through I ended up with Grace & Galoshes. Almost a year later I'm still really pleased with my choice!
5. What are 3 things you can't live without? Faith, Love & Joy. 
6. Would you rather fly or take a road trip to your vacation destination? Tough choice. Road Trip, but only if I have someone else with me. If it's a solo trip I'd rather fly. 
7. What's your favorite comfort food? Meal would be pizza or mac & cheese. Snack would be chips & pop! 
8. Current television show obsession? Lately I've been watching reruns of Iron Chef America before bed because everything else is on hiatus!
9. What are 3 things on your bucket list? Get married, have babies and visit Stonehenge! 
10. Dog or cat person? Post a picture if you have one :) I like both but I'm a cat person. You can read all about my cats HERE & HERE
11. Best way to spend a Saturday? I'm a fan of coffee, friends & afternoon strolls. Maybe a trip to the mall and an evening of wine thrown in there too! 



Minttu's Questions
1. What would be your soundtrack for a relaxing evening at home? Lately I've been listening to the Goo Goo Dolls most recent album Magnetic. 
2. A book that still lingers in your mind. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is one that has really stuck with me. 
3. A human being should always...think of others.
4. What is your dream travel destination? I really want to visit Stonehenge and also Auschwitz.
5. How do you define friendship? I think the quote "Friendship isn't one big thing, it's a million little things." is the perfect definition. 
6. What is your favorite museum? The Rooms
7. What is your favorite ice cream flavour? Brownie Batter.
8. Have you overcome a fear? I have not. I gain new fears faster than I overcome them. 
9. If you could create your own perfume, what scent(s) would it contain? My favourite scents tend to be more masculine; woods, rain, grass, campfire. 
10. How did you decide your blog's name? See above! 
11. If they would make a movie about your life, who would play you? I have no idea, I don't resemble any actresses. 




Jenny's questions!
1. What is one object you can’t live without? I have no idea, object wise I think I could manage without it's more the intangible things I can't imagine life without. 
2. If you were an animal, what would you be? Squirrel!
3. What’s your go-to comfort food? I do love the things I listed above but I will also admit that every few months after a particularly rough day I visit the golden arches. 
4. Why did you start blogging? Something to do, to meet people, motivation to write. I'm constantly discovering new reasons why I started blogging. 
5. What is your dream job? Camp Director 
6. If you had a super power, what would it be? Invisibility. 
7. What do you consider your best quality? Thoughtfulness or a good memory.
8. If you could be the best in the world at something, what would it be?
9. How would you describe the perfect evening? Nothing makes me happier than a campfire and stargazing. 
10. Where would you most like to travel? Stonehenge & Auschwitz and all over Canada.  
11. And the most important question of them all…. Toilet paper – over or under? I'm indifferent!



Apparently I follow a lot of bloggers with more than 200 followers so choosing 33 was impossible but I will go ahead and nominate...


Nikki @ Blushed on a Budget
Erica @ Erica Ashley
Nina @ The Grand Adventures of Me
Charlene @ From Bisons to Buckeyes, And Beyond
Katie @ House.Life.Girl
Ashley @ Love and Wrinkles
Kate @ Odd One Out
Ashlee @ Smith Family
Caitie @ Tales of a Real Housewife
Aimee @ Dear Harper
Jenn @ Ripples & Waves

EDIT

I published this draft this morning and just now realized I didn't add my 11 questions. So here they are!
1. Where is your favourite place to eat out?
2. What is your favourite social media site?
3. If you could shrink any animal down to pocked sized and keep it as a pet what would you choose?
4. Who is your favourite TV character?
5. What is your favourite name?
6. Would you rather never brush your teeth again or never shower?
7. How would you spend $5,000 right this second.
8. What do you order when you go out for coffee?
9. Do you believe in love at first sight?
10. Would you rather own an expensive piece of jewellery or an expensive piece of art?
11. How do you relax after a long day?

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination. I used to have my kid's names picked out until we discovered we were pregnant with Henry and chose his name. If you would have told me even 6 years ago that I would name my son Henry, I would have laughed at you! Old Navy is one of my favorite stores and I love iced coffee (and campfires) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously agreeing with you on the whole leggings thing - aren't they the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple name's I absolutely adore, but my husband doesn't. Then he showed me this graph the other day that shows the trajectory of popularity of each name. All my names are super trendy and will be on the decline by the time we decide to have children.... so much for that!

    And, I also hate having dry skin - it's one of my biggest winter pet peeves. I've been alternating lotion and chapstick applications all day.

    Thanks for participating, it was fun reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my future baby's names picked out since I was about 16 and so far they haven't changed! :P

    And dry skin is the worst--I feel like winter is on a mission to kill my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like squirrels too, but I can never remember how to spell it! Is it two R's or two L's? I always have to look it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun learning more about you! I read the one sentence as gummi "candles" and was confused at first ha. oh and I have to fall asleep to complete silence, which can be difficult sometimes!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your facts and answers to all your questions! I'm definitely a wine with friends girl too! I've also been to Stonehenge and you'll love it--it was so beautiful even though it was a freezing/rainy day.

    Katherine Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog and as I was scrolling down your posts, this one particularly took my eye and i'm so glad it did. What a great way to get to know the person writing. I especially love the quote you mentioned - "Friendship isn't one big thing, it's a million little things."
    - Teagan Kahla
    http://teaganadventure.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness I didn't even notice that you nominated me! My darn hiatus is making me miss things! I'll post about this soon, I promise!

    ReplyDelete