Wednesday 16 November 2016

Things I've Learned From Boys

One of my favourite books is Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and as I work on NaNoWriMo this month I've been thinking a lot about my favourite books. I've really only had one 'traditional' breakup but I'm no stranger to relationship catastrophes, failures and heartbreak. The good news I've learned a lot along the way so today I'm sharing some of that wisdom. 


Buddy Holly
It's important to be on the same page about where things are headed.
Summer Romances are the most fun.
Heartbreak is a funny thing. (After the fact, in the moment not so funny.)

Weird Flirty Boy 
First impressions are important. 
You really can tell a lot about a person based on their footwear choices.
Trust your gut. 
Family is always more important than money. (More of a confirmation than lesson, but worth noting.)

Drummer Boy 
High school drama is brutal. 
Girls are mean.
It's okay to let things go. 

Christian Drummer Boy
Timing is everything.
When you're over someone you really are happy to see them doing well.

Dr. Spaceman
Timing is important. 
Somethings will always remain a mystery.

Mr. Know-It-All
Camp Goggles are real. 

What lessons have you learned from your successful or not so successful relationships? 

Linking up with Weekly Lessons.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment