Wednesday 8 April 2015

What's Up Wednesday

I've been playing with monthly Currently posts and while I like the idea of documenting things like that I'm not sure the monthly format is something that going to stick long term. So this week I'm joining the 'What's Up Wednesday' weekly linkup to make my currently a little more current.



What I loved about the past week// Four day weekend!! Time with my family, time with J.'s family, time by myself, time to get some camp work done. Lots of delicious food. All perfection in my book!

What I'm looking forward to// Vacation! Only 10 days until my current contract ends and I'm on a plane bound for a much warmer climate. And when I get back I'll still have two full weeks before I need to move to camp for the summer. I am really excited to have some actual time off and a genuine vacation!

What my latest obsession is// Bruchetta. I've been buying pre-made bruchetta mix from my local grocery store, piling it on fresh ciabatta bread, adding parmesan cheese shavings and sticking it under the broiler for 5 minutes or so. Totally delicious. 

What I've been daydreaming about// Sunshine and summertime. Plain and simple. Sometimes I get really carried away and think about sitting outside in the sunshine first thing in the morning before campers are all awake for the day. Sipping my coffee in silence, watching the camp groundhogs frolic in the field. Inevitably my daydreams get a dose of reality when I imagine running any sort of program with four feet of snow still on the ground. 

What I'm watching// I'm behind on every single TV show I used to watch religiously. The only exception is Hockey Wives, but that's only been on for four episodes so far. 

What I'm listening to// It has been ages since I updated my iPod or iTunes. I always have the country radio station on when I'm in the car. Now and then when I'm getting ready for work I'll turn on a country 8tracks playlist. 

What I'm craving// Sunshine, green grass, any indication that winter is going to end. You might assume the photos below were taken in December or January but both of them were taken this past weekend. There's still close to 3 feet of snow on the ground in most places and the water at the beach looks anything but welcoming. And Subway. I really want some Subway. With an iced coffee for dessert. 



What I'm doing this weekend// This is the last weekend before my trip! I've crossed the major stuff off my to do list (credit card, travel insurance, tickets) but I need to make a trip to the mall to pick up a new pair of TOMS and potentially another pair of shorts. I finish work on Friday and fly out on Saturday so I'll be spending some time next weekend packing so I'm not scrambling to do it at the last minute. 

What else is new//I'm working on a new blog series focused on camp, which I am super excited about. I can't believe my trip is coming up in a little more than a week. I've been reading up on the Bullet Journalling  system and think I'm going to give it a try. My current planner is one I purchased from Michael's and while I love it for somethings I still find myself keeping lists everywhere and looking for lists that aren't inside the planner. Stay tuned for a planner post in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment