Wednesday 26 August 2015

What's Up Wednesday : August Edition

It's the last Wednesday of the month (which is crazy) and that means it's time to link up with some of my very favourite bloggers for What's Up Wednesday!




What I'm Eating This Week...
Anything that I haven't been eating at camp all summer long! I have a major craving for some pasta with alfredo sauce, broccoli, mushrooms grilled chicken and maybe a side of garlic bread. It's been too hot for that though so I've been embracing BBQ hot dogs and burgers. I've also discovered a deep love for Chicken Tacos so I'm working on creating the best home version of those. 

What I'm Reminiscing About...

All of the fantastic things I've gotten to experience with H. & R. over the course of the last four summers we've spent together. We haven't done everything on our bucket list but we've accomplished a lot. Plus all of the spontaneous adventures that didn't make the list.

What I'm Loving...

Every summer it seems like I pick up one 'bad habit' this year that bad habit is flavoured coffee creamer. It started innocently enough with the carmel one, then it went to the tasty Double Double one and now it's escalated to Chocolate Mint Truffle...I mostly blame the fact that camp coffee is generally awful. The combination of the cheapest grocery store coffee available and making it in mass quantities doesn't exactly lead to a good cup of coffee. Coffee (and caffeine) is more or less an essential part of the camp day and the creamer made it drinkable. Once my current supply is empty I won't be buying more (unless it's a very special treat) but for now I'm enjoy every cup of delicious tasting coffee. 

What I've Been Up To...
As soon as I unloaded my car and took a good hard look at all my stuff I realized I needed to do some serious re-organizing. I've been researching the KonMari Method and I'm on a waiting list to borrow the book from my local library. I started with my DVDs because they're the one thing was was mostly contained in one place.

What I'm Dreading...
I'm actively trying not to dread anything. I am kind of sad that my friends are all scattered across Canada again and I have no idea when the next time we'll all be together. I'm sort of dreading another job hunt, but at the same time I'm not worried about it and I have some loose ends to tie up at camp. I'm confident that the right thing will come along with the timing is perfect.

What I'm Working On...
Getting back into blogging! I'm going to participate in Blogtember hosted by Bailey Jean over at Brave Love and I'd love to do 20/30 prompts for the month of September. I'm not willing to commit to doing all 30 but 20 seems like an attainable goal, especially if I can get organized enough to be prepared for some of the posts. 

What I'm Excited About...
J. and I are in the very beginning stages of planning a trip in November involving a road trip to Florida and then spending some time there before driving back. It seems a little daunting but also a lot of fun!

What I'm Watching/Reading...


I'm currently reading Primates of Park Avenue by Wednesday Martin. I'm only a few chapters in but so far I'm really enjoying the story. A few years back I watched the documentary Nursery University and was enthralled by the whole concept of competitive preschool for three year olds. In some ways this book gives a little bit of backstory to the whole phenomenon. After being away from TV for so long I've mostly been rekindling my love for the Food Network.

What I'm Wearing...
The humidity here has been intense lately (at least for my part of the world) so I've been living in sundresses and when those aren't an option shorts & tank tops are a must. And of course flip flops! Camp has a strict closed toe shoe policy for staff so I spend most of my summer in socks & sneakers. Now that camp is over I'll be wearing my flip flops and sandals until the snow starts to fall. 

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...
Getting back into a routine. Hopefully getting involved with Girl Guides again and if that doesn't work finding another community organization to volunteer with during the week.

What Else Is New...
I think that covers everything!

Favourite Back To School Tradition...
I don't have littles of my own but someday in a distant land when I'm sending them off to school I love the idea of having special breakfast with them. I also LOVE when all the mom's go out for brunch/lunch once the kids are all in school, I think that's an equally sweet idea as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment