Thursday 27 August 2015

Twenty Questions

Here's a fun fact about me that you may not know. I love answering questions about myself. If you ask me a very vague "tell me about yourself" odds are I'll awkwardly stumble and stutter over some very basic facts like age, hometown and job. If you prompt me with actual questions I can quickly strike up a conversation and converse like a respectable human being. So when I saw these 20 Questions that Karli had answered over on September Farm I decided to join in the fun. 

1. FAVORITE FOOD?
I love donairs. I've recently developed a deep love for chicken tacos. And I love a good french fry. Also a good vegetable stir fry (without peppers).

2. FLIP FLOPS or HIGH HEELS?
Flip Flops. Unless it's a fancy affair then heels, but in day to day life I like to make practical life choices.

3.  FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP?
Around here I shop almost exclusively at Winners, there really isn't much in the way of clothing options at my local mall. When I have more options I'm always sure to hit up Old Navy and American Eagle. Latley I've been having great luck at Bootlegger. I'm really not all that loyal to any particular store. When you're short and have my body shape you have to remain open to possibilities. 

4. STANDARD COFFEE ORDER?
This actually changes pretty frequently. Sometimes I opt for black with 1 sugar. Sometimes I go for just cream (especially if it's a flavoured cream) and sometimes I really go wild and get one cream and one sugar. Never milk though. Milk has no place in my coffee. 

5. ROAD TRIP MUST HAVE SNACK?
I'm a big fan of the classic Nacho Cheese Doritos and a cold Pepsi. 

6. DIY or HIRE IT OUT?
Very much depends on the project. I know my DIY limits. Ask me to paint a room or create a gift and I'm your gal. Ask to me fix the plumbing or install a door and you can hand me the phonebook. 

7. TOP 5 TV SHOWS?
1. Call the Midwife
2.  Friends
3. Grey's Anatomy (The first 8 seasons anyway)
4. Diners, Drive Ins and Dives
5. The Pioneer Woman

8. FAVORITE BOOK?
If really pressed to choose an absolute favourite book I think my final decision would be the The Little House on the Prairie series. I've loved them since I first read them in elementary school and every time I re-read the series I still love it just the same. I also have a special place in my Stargirl.

9. FAVORITE FORM OF EXERCISE?
Walking/Hiking. I like being outdoors. I have no interest in paying big bucks to drive to a place to do the same things I can do outside. 

10. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5 feet even (or just about).

11. DO YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW AT RESTAURANTS OR STICK TO YOUR FAVORITES?
If it's a restaurant I love and go to semi-frequently I'll try new things. If it's a place I'm unsure about then I always stick to chicken strips & fries. 

12. ONE MAKEUP ITEM YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT?
Mascara. 

13. WHAT'S ON YOUR NIGHTSTAND?
Small fan, hand cream, lip balm, lamp, 

14. ONE THING MOTHERHOOD HAS TAUGHT YOU?
I'll let you know when the time comes. 

15. MUSIC THAT REMINDS YOU OF HIGH SCHOOL?
Bright Eyes.

16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD OTHER THAN YOUR CURRENT CITY, WHERE?
I am very happy where I am in my tiny corner of the world. I can't really imagine living anywhere else. 

17. TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU WE MIGHT NOT KNOW
I'm a really good canoeist!

18. WEBSITES YOU READ // BROWSE (besides blogs)
Pinterest, CBC News, Facebook

19. MORNING PERSON or NIGHT OWL?
I've always been a night owl but lately I'm becoming more of a morning person. 

20. WHAT'S YOUR BEST FEATURE?
I get compliments on my eyes on a fairly regular basis. 

That was an odd question to end on, but here we are, tomorrow I have a whole list of favourite things to share and then I will most likely feel totally caught up and move on to blogging about current events. Just in time for Blogtember!

No comments:

Post a Comment