Saturday 2 May 2015

May Goals & April Goals Revisited

First up let's take a moment to revisit April's Goals. 


Read 4 Books I read 2. I blame it on the fact The Fringe Hours took me twice as long to read because I kept re-reading paragraphs and really soaking up everything that was being conveyed.

Take Lots of Photos Maybe not as much as I originally planned but I used my camera on multiple occasions. Took a bunch of pictures Easter weekend, while on vacation and a few other times during the month.

Keep Writing This was a fail. I didn't make time to write this month. I don't have any excuses it simply didn't happen.

Revamp "About Me" I'm really excited about this one. After 3 years I finally rewrote and updated my About Me page on the blog! I love how it turned out and I only wish I had gotten around to doing it sooner.

Enjoy Vacation Success! You can read a little bit about my vacation here & here.

Overall I'm pleased with my progress. April was a pretty light month and it went by in the blink of an eye! It was a good month but I'm excited to move on to May! May marks the beginning of Summer 2015 and camp season for me so most of my goals revolve around that aspect of life.



I want to make a conscious effort this summer to make my bedroom at camp a relaxing and calming space. I don't spend a whole lot of time in my room at camp, primarily just an hour or two before bed but I still want it to be a space I can relax and decompress after a long day. In the past I've used random mismatched bedding, make shift storage boxes/containers on my dresser and the decor has been limited to damp towels and dirty laundry. I bought a new bedding set at Target when it was clearing out a few weeks ago and I have some other ideas about how to better organize my space. I think it will make a big difference in the way I make time for me this summer, which is something I've seriously struggled with in the past.

The past three summers I have essentially completely failed at maintaining the blog during camp (see note above about making time for myself). This summer I'm going to make time to blog and continue documenting life in this space.

Camp internet isn't exactly a top of the line high speed dependable connection which can be frustration. It is the perfect motivation to send some good ol'fashion snail mail though!

Back in 2013 I got creative and made really cute welcome bags for the staff. I didn't have time to it last year because things were so hectic but this year it's going to happen again. They probably won't be as elaborate as 2013 but I plan to stick a few candies, sample sized sunscreen and pen or pencil into a baggie with a cute "Welcome to Camp" tag and call it a day.

Camp is hard. It's wonderful and magical and I am incredibly fortunate to spend my summer helping others, being outdoors, learning and growing. It's so hard not to let it consume you though, even during breaks I've often found myself working on camp related projects or catching up on paperwork. I've now been inspired to use the fringe hours, taking 15 minutes in the morning to drink a cup of coffee while I read a book or journal. Spending  5 minutes before evening staff meeting snapping photos of the sunset. I'm going to find the time.

Sharing my goals with #friendswithgoals

1 comment:

  1. I love how refined your goals are! I need to take that approach. Although, its great to see your motivation, and comparison as well.

    ReplyDelete