Wednesday 29 April 2015

One Last What's Up Wednesday

Hello, Blogland! I had a fantastic vacation filled with sunshine, new adventures, piles of amazing food and scattered moments of peace & quiet. Check back tomorrow for a more detailed and photo filled vacation recap of sorts! 

Before I answer the usual What's Up Wednesday questions I should mention that this is the last "What's Up Wednesday" link up. I've only been participated in the link up for a few weeks but it's been such a welcoming and positive experience I'll be sad to see it go. On the bright side one of my most favourite bloggers, Shay from Mix & Match Mama, launched a new monthly "What's Up Wednesday" link up so I'll be participating in that starting next month!

Now, on to the main event! 


What I loved about the past week:
The highlight of my vacations was going to Busch Gardens! I don't to roller coasters, but I adore animals. The day we spent walking around the park looking at all the animals was fantastic. I was able to take a ton of photos, spend time with J. and just soak up everything about the place. I was also a big fan of the heat. The entire time we were in Florida the temperature was high 80s and mid 90s, which to this gal who hasn't felt warm in months was absolutely phenomenal. 

What I'm looking forward to:
I just got home yesterday so I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the week recovering from my 'Vacation Hangover'. Which mostly means spending time at home, doing laundry, making to do lists and getting back to the real world. 

What my latest obsession is:
Reading. I've missed reading. Also Publix Chicken. And amazing cinnamon bread that J.'s mom introduced me to. I also experienced the magic that is Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee. 

What I've been daydreaming about:
Not much of anything to be honest! I was pretty happy with living in the present while I was on vacation! 

What I'm craving:
I'm trying not to fixate on the fact it'll be awhile before I can eat Publix chicken. I ate it four times on vacation and it was so good. I want more. I need to stop thinking about it because it's making my mouth water. 

What I'm watching:

J. is a huge sports fan so we watched a lot of NHL Playoffs during our trip. When I got a turn with the remote I watched No Reservations and Bizarre Foods. Now that I'm home I have a few things on Netflix I want to watch; Chef's Table, Love Me and some other documentaries. 

What I'm listening to:
Not much of anything!

What I'm doing this weekend:
I need to figure out what needs to be done before I head to camp (Less than 3 weeks eek!!). I have a book I want to finish reading and I plan on getting some blog posts written and answer some e-mails. All while drinking coffee. 

What else is new:
I officially finished my contract and started looking ahead to this summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment