Saturday 15 March 2014

Keeping My Feet On The Ground


I had all kinds of things I planned on writing about over the last two weeks. Pancakes, Lent, Frozen Yogurt, Writing/Journalling, Reading, Living in the City, Life Update…and obviously I neglected to write about any of them.

I've been so focused on not letting myself be overwhelmed that I've officially run out of back burners to put stuff on. This past week we did a March Break Day Camp and to say it was a long, stressful week is an understatement. It was wonderful to hang out with campers but coordinating volunteers was a bit of a nightmare. I ended up working the past two weekends going to recruiting events and preparing for Day Camp so when I woke up this morning with nothing to do for two whole days it was kind of thrilling. 

It's almost 1 p.m. and all I've done today is indulge in a bagel with cream cheese, drink two cups of tea and catch up on Grey's and The Middle. My only plans for this afternoon and this evening are drinking more tea catching up with Survivor and Big Brother, reading through at least some of the 299 unread posts I have on Bloglovin' and deciding if I want to make pizza or mac & cheese for supper. 

I did start a Lent Journal of sorts, but I fell way behind this week…I really want to blog more about that  because I'm pretty happy with what I came up with and the first few days were great. I am definitely going to set aside more time this week to do that. And some more time this afternoon and evening to fill in the blanks from this week.

I've really missed blogging the past two weeks and everyday I see teasers on Instagram for posts people have written, I want so badly to read them but I haven't been making that a priority lately. I truly never realized how much time I spent in the blog-world before office life started. I knew it was a lot, but I think I still underestimated the hours I spent writing, reading and commenting on posts.

Here's hoping I can get back to being an active member of the blogging community without sacrificing time that needs to be for working (and sleeping, eating and showering). 


No comments:

Post a Comment