Thursday 14 February 2013

Love, Love, Love

This is the first Valentine's Day in possibly forever that I don't feel the bitterness of being single (at least not as much as previous years). I don't think I could be more single than I am right now it's been months since there was even a male on my radar, but I'm okay with that, really I am.

More importantly I'm okay with it without repeating the "someday my prince will come" and "good things come to those who wait" mantras that at one point I considered tattooing on my forehead to save a little time. The truth is someday the mythical guy who loves camp, appreciates Veggie Tales movies, knows how to play both Taylor Swift & David Crowder Band songs on his acoustic guitar and whose career goals either involve farming, RCMP or ministry (I'm flexible) might come along. Or he might not. And I'm slowly learning to be okay with that, but it doesn't happen overnight.

I may not have 'the one' in my life but I do have a whole lot of other things in my life that I love so in celebrating of them a list of just some of the many things I loved today.



  1. A conversation with my sweet friend R. about camp this summer and our expectations and how we both went into last summer kind of expecting the worst and although there was quite a bit of staff drama we came out on the other side as more than just camp friends but friends who met at camp. I can't wait to spend another summer working with her!
  2. This Song (A Place Called Home by Kim Richey)
  3. Ellen. Seriously, best talk show ever. I laugh, I cry, I laugh some more. It's a good way to spend an hour.
  4. 10 Ways to Propose at Summer Camp via Summer Camp Culture  the best list of engagement videos ever to hit the internet.
  5. Another great conversation with my friend and director, P. about camp this summer and our plans for staff training. We've just started hiring counsellors for this year and I love seeing how the staff comes together.
  6. My Valentine's Day evening plans involve some semi-frozen slushy like Pepsi (my favourite) and a new episode of Grey's Anatomy.
  7. Within the next 10 days all of my favourite reality shows will be back on the air; Survivor, The Amazing Race, the newly added Big Brother Canada!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment