Monday 23 February 2015

Not So Weekending

I didn't have much of a weekend this week. I work evenings so my Friday night is always a write off, last week work was especially chaotic since head office has decided to change some filing protocols. In some ways it's like learning the job all over again. And of course with any change there were some guidelines that didn't quite make sense and seemed to contradict each other. There was a lot of back and forth between co-workers and discussion and problem solving. I kind of suspect today (Monday) will be a similar situation until all the kinks are worked out and everyone gets on the same page. 

Saturday I worked overtime from 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., when I left work I went straight home although I was insanely tempted to go through a drive-thru and pick up fast food for supper but I refrained. Instead I went home, took a nice long hot shower got into my pyjamas and made supper at home. Which I ate while watching Friends on Netflix. I was asleep by 11 and I wouldn't have chosen to spend my Saturday night any other way.

Sunday started off snowy & stormy, but then the snow switched to rain and it was less stormy and just gross outside. I helped Mom clean out some cupboards and make a pile of old dishes and tupperware to donate. When that was finished I made a super easy lunch for us with leftover pulled pork, cheddar cheese and a little red onion wrapped up in pre-packaged crescent rolls. Sort of similar to this recipe


J. came over in the evening and after watching a few minutes of the Oscar red carpet we determined neither of us actually cared that much and opted for a Netflix movie. We decided on watching The Interview and to summarize that's a couple hours of my life I'll never get back. There were a few jokes that I found funny but I've laughed a lot harder and enjoyed movies a lot more. J. found it funnier than I did, but only marginally. We laughed a lot more at the two episodes of Friends we watched after the movie. Definitely not worth the hype and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Even if you're looking for the over the top slapstick comedy type of movie I'd rather re-watch a Will Farrell movie.

I can't believe it's the last week of February. Don't get me wrong, March is still totally winter here on the east coast, but it's a little closer to spring and it feels like the worst winter months are over. Camp is slowly creeping up on me and my mental to-do list is miles long. I need to sit down this week and write it all out. Also on my to do list this week is another trip to Target to check out this week's discounts and set some actual goals for March since I've been majorly slacking on setting any monthly goals this year. 

Linking up with B Loved Boston to share my weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I am with you on goal setting. Though I was trying to have a spending freeze this month, I haven't made any other monthly goals this year! And totally agree with The Interview- definitely not worth the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the exact same review about the interview and I'm so happy we didn't watch it! I hope you have a great start to your week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you mentioned all of that about The Interview, because I have been curious about it. But I think I will just pass on watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend told me not to waste my time seeing The Interview. I thought it would have been funnier. I don't have a netflix account but I so need to get one so I can watch all the Friend's episode's.Love that show.

    ReplyDelete