Monday 20 October 2014

Monday Morning Window

I experienced one of those weekends that was full of both relaxation and unexpected ordeals. 

The main unexpected ordeal being that my laptop is on the fritz (again). If you've been around these parts for a while you might remember this time last year when "God Wiped My Hard Drive" this time the trackpad is all wonky and I tried plugging in a mouse but it still wouldn't do what I want it to do and kept freezing and lagging. There's really no shame to it, I had it during my whole university career and the beginnings of my camp directing career. It's been though a lot. Still a bummer, but not the end of the world and there are much happier things to focus on to start the week.

First off, towards the end of last week I received some exciting mail! I participated in a Journal Swap  and was paired with the lovely Jess over at House of Hupfs. Jess is so sweet, and has the most adorable son. You should all make your way over to her blog and say 'hello'. Jess sent me this awesome journal that I can't wait to use!


The lighting was not cooperating with me when I was trying to take photos of the journal. The quote on the outside of the journal is glossier than the rest of the cover and it was reflecting the light. Eventually I took what I could get and you're all going to have to take my word for it that it is perfect! (The quote on the outside reads: "Don't remember the days remember the moments", which is a reminder we all sometimes need.)


Something I'm working on is being more intentional with blog posts and doing some planning in advance opposed to slapping it all together at the last minute. I knew that Kelli's Picture Practice for today was "Out The Window"so I did some real camera practice this weekend. Technically this view is from my deck but we have screens in all our windows so I had to improvise.


Autumn isn't my favourite season but I definitely appreciate how pretty the leaves are lining my driveway and covering the lawn. I adore summer and I hate winter but I do admit that I would miss the real change in seasons I get to experience on the east coast. 

Besides picture practice, computer woes and journal swaps my weekend involved a quick trip to the mall, birthday cake to celebrate my cousin turning 17, catching up with blogs and TV shows before settling into bed Sunday night with fresh sheets and a group conversation with H. & R. Here's hoping this week is full of good news and happiness!

Linking up my weekend here!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, and those pictures are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A journal swap sounds like such a great idea. I used to journal, but now I blog. I miss the pen and paper. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you... summer is my favorite but I"m starting to appreciate Fall even more. Our trees are finally starting to turn. The road I live on have these huge canopy trees that cover it and they're gorgeous in the fall. That's what I'll miss when our house finalizes and sell/move. But your pictures of the trees are GREAT! I'm waiting for our trees to look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall foliage. What a great view from your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Love those photographs.Very beautiful. Following along from the weekend recap.

    http://secondchances-ash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Computer problems are so frustrating, but it sounds like it's getting close to time for a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great view of the fall foliage! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful view with all the leaves! All the trees in our yard just go from green to dead! So sorry about the computer problems...I know how frustrating they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the journal, green is one of my favorite colors.

    Screens in windows are so annoying when you're trying to take a picture. I do love all the fall leaves, sometimes I miss the color that comes with fall. It seems like the leaves here just turn brown and fall off which isn't really that pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna,
    I nominated you for an award, details at: http://jeanies-jargon.blogspot.sg/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    ◠◡◠ 

    ReplyDelete