Wednesday 8 October 2014

Big Things


The past week has been a whirlwind of happens. I've written before about how God Moves Fast and I always say that more often than not everything happens all at once, this week has been no exception to that rule. The grant officially ended Friday and I hadn't heard back from any of the local jobs I had applied for, only things out of province. Then on Wednesday morning I got a call saying that someone had quit at the last minute and they needed someone who could begin training that evening. So I said yes and went from being almost unemployed to accepting a really great job offer. 

Since then I've experienced countless moments and coincidences of perfection that leave me with an almost overwhelming feeling that I have no idea what God is up to but He is working on big things. The signs I've prayed for seem to be popping up all over the place and leading me in the right direction. Have I mentioned the new job offer is also a contract, that ends in March (with a possible extension to April), which is of course perfect timing for camp. 

I'm not delusional enough to believe that just because in this moment it feels as though God is planning on brining me back to camp this summer. All of these happenings are really just reminding me to pay attention to my surroundings. Listen, watch, feel, observe the world around me. I am excited about the things that I'm sure are going to appear over the next few months. Not all of them will be good, but God's plan is good and I trust His plan.

(Even if it's kind of scary.)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, how wonderful that you got that job!!! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up with Susannah and I!

    I loved reading your post today (and your blog name is super cute!!!)! I am praising God with you for HIS timing and for the faith that "forcing" us to trust in it builds. :)

    What is this new job that came to you so unexpectedly?

    Enjoy this season! You'll remember it and cherish it for years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps - I love the picture of that apple tree!

      Delete
  3. Hi Donna-

    We are inviting you & all Sunday Social players to our Sunday Stealing meme during the hiatus. Check us out at www.sundaystealing .com!

    Thanks!

    Bud Weiser

    ReplyDelete