Monday 18 February 2013

Snow & Sneezes

This is the THIRD Monday in a row that the combination of snow/rain/freezing rain/wind has cancelled school - which means it is also the third week Brownies has been cancelled. Someday I will get to celebrate Valentine's Day with my favourite 8 year olds. This week we had planned to celebrate Guide/Scout Week with the other Girl Guide units in our area with the traditional torchlight parade followed by cupcakes & hot chocolate. As disappointed as I am that I haven't gotten to distribute Valentine's Day treat bags, or make Valentine's Day themed picture frames and feed the little ladies cupcakes and watch their eyes light up with excitement as they learn to play a new game; I'm thankful for today's weather cancellation.

Saturday morning I woke up with a cold and have felt totally miserable ever since. I'm feeling a little better today but I have no desire to move from the couch for any length of time. My plans for the rest of the day & evening include nothing more than drinking cups of peppermint tea in between drinking lots of water while watching silly day time talk shows.

The whole not feeling great has really put a damper on the "I'm going to do yoga every day for Lent" plan. I have been doing a good job remembering to read the Verse of the Day, so that's something. Fingers crossed that by tomorrow or the next day I'll be feeling better and can really get serious about my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment