Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pancakes & Snow Storms

School was cancelled yesterday, which means our usual Monday night Brownie meeting was also cancelled. So instead of spending yesterday evening playing games, making adorable Valentine's Day picture frames and consuming unhealthy quantities of red food colouring I watched TV and made a feeble attempt to organize my crafting supplies.

Today is Pancake Tuesday, which means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. Instead of the traditional 'give something up for Lent' idea the last few years I've tried to start something new and do good. This year I played around with a few different ideas; at first I was going to try and read a book of the Bible every day then I came to my senses and realized as good as it sounds in theory right now I 'm doing good if I remember to read the 'Verse of the Day' on my phone's Bible App. For about five minutes I thought it would be a great idea to do something food related, try out the vegetarian thing, really go hard core and go vegan and then I remembered how much I love pepperoni & cheese pizza. Next I debated giving up pop but that didn't seem like that much of a commitment since it's not like I drink bucket loads of it everyday.

With all that being said I finally decided I would commit to doing yoga everyday. I've gone to a few yoga classes but never really stuck with it so I've invested in a few DVDs that were on clearance after the rush of January Weight Loss resolutions and will start with them. I'm anticipating that I will have to take some days off and give my body some time to rest so for those days I'm gong to take advantage of all of those free Meditation Apps & YouTube videos.

The over-arcing theme for the next 40 days is "Body, Mind & Soul", taking up yoga is one step but I also want to be more intentional about the things I'm already trying to do like picking up a book instead of the remote and clicking the "Read Full Chapter" button as I skim the Verse of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment