Wednesday 21 December 2016

What's Up Wednesday - December




What I'm Eating This Week: English Muffins, Tacos, Grilled Cheese, Pad Thai and my beloved "Best Sandwich Ever" which involves chicken breast with cajun season, chipotle mayo, red onion and avocado. 


What I'm Reminiscing About: This time last year when I felt a lot more confident in life. I've gone from employed and in a relationship to unemployed and very single. The relationship status part doesn't bother me, that was a positive change. The employment part though, not so much. 

What I'm Loving: I am loving that this year is almost over. And grilled cheese.  

What I've Been Up To: Still on the job hunt...

What I've Been Dreading: It's hard to properly articulate exactly what I'm dreading. In some ways I'm dreading the constant reminders that when people inquire about what I'm up to these days I have nothing of substance to offer them. 

What I'm Working On: Finishing up Project Life album for the year, figuring out how I'm going to use my Happy Planner, trying to finish my 52x52 list for 2017 and a fun (and hopefully profitable) camp related project. And you know, the never ending job hunt. 

What I'm Excited About: As long as the weather cooperates I'm planning on celebrating the new year with H. & R., so I'm cautiously excited about celebrating bestie Christmas and starting the new year with them!

What I'm Watching/Reading: I've been watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix along with a documentary called The Drop Box which I highly recommend (and is on Netflix). Right now I'm reading A Year of Living Prayerfully by Jared Brock, which is pretty great so far. 

What I'm Listening To: I usually have Grey's Anatomy or Friends on in the background. 

What I'm Wearing: Lots of comfy clothes, leggings, hoodies and warm socks. 

What I'm Doing This Weekend: Christmas things! 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Moth: Maybe 2017 won't be as terrible as 2016. 

What Else Is New: Refer to the 'what I'm dreading' question above. But I will share that I've applied for my first totally unrelated to camp job, but is still working with people who have disabilities and is much closer to home than the camps I've been applying to. It's still pretty competitive and I'm sure they will have loads of internal applicants (which have become my arch nemesis) but it's worth a shot. 

What's Your Favourite Memory from 2016? 

There wasn't any one standout moment this year. The first thing that came to mind was a quick visit to camp back in the fall with H., R. & M. there were so many leaves that it just felt quintessentially fall. I also had a lot of fun visiting H. in Toronto back in May. And meeting Meeko at Disney World also deserves a shout out because even if the trip was sort of a do over it did make me fall in love with the place. 

SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. 2016 wasn't a great year for me either! I'm fixing to be unemployed so I am on the job hunt boat with you! Good luck to you! I hope 2017 holds good things for you!

    ReplyDelete