Friday 29 August 2014

Hello, Friday!

1.  Camp is really only 95% over. The campers left and the counsellors are gone, even myself self and the director have gone home but there are still things to do. The director and myself are heading back up on Tuesday for the week to finish shutting down (defrosting the fridge/freezer, packing away linens, doing inventory etc.) It's left me in a weird mood though, I've started reflecting on the summer but it's really not quite over yet and there's still more that could happen. And I'm sort of re-entering the real world, but again next week I'll be back to jogging pants, rubber boots and tie-dye as acceptable work attire. 

2.

I came across this quote a few days ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I'm so guilty of letting myself get overwhelmed in situations or with people and details that I forget about the beginning.  More often than not the reason I start something is because I want to, because it's something I love, for someone I love and I chose to be there. But I forget, I focus so much on treading water that I forget how much I love to swim. I need to remember how much I love to swim. 

3.
Pinterest
I don't think I've mentioned it this summer because there's been so many other things to mention but H. & R. & I now live in three different provinces, three different time zones and thousands and thousands of kilometres apart. And it sucks. We've always lived apart but we still managed to see each other every couple of months. It required a lot of travelling but it was doable and we made it work. Plane tickets aren't cheap and it's a lot harder to coordinate days off which means I can't say with any amount of certainty when the next time is that we'll all be together. The good news is there are group iMessages and Skype and FaceTime and lots of other ways to stay connected.

4. I need to go get groceries this afternoon and I'm currently trying to plan my route so that not only can I go to the two grocery stores where things are on sale but I can also swing by Michael's to use a 50% off coupon and make a pit stop at Subway to satisfy a craving I've been feeling for two weeks now. 

5. Getting back into blogging is high on my priority list. I had the best intentions of reading though all of the 500+ unread posts on my Bloglovin' feed but I just couldn't. I figure it's best to start fresh. So I cannot wait to catch up with everyone's summer adventures and start posting here on a regular basis once again. And to kickstart my return to blogging I signed up to participate in a Journal Swap hosted by Lisa & Nancy and I am super excited about it!


Linking up with The Farmer's Wife and Lauren Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Love the quotes. Living in three different provinces must be hard. Thank God for modern communication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that quote by Gregson. It's so very true and way to easy to lose sight of why we often start things. Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete