Friday 30 August 2013

Five on Friday!

Now that I'm home from camp I'm working on getting back into a routine, which includes regular blogging! Today I'm liking up with Five on Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

{one} I came across this quote a while ago but recently rediscovered it and I love it to bits.

 “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou

{two} Today is my first full day back in the real world. Instead of being productive by working on my end of summer report or unpacking I made the executive decision to take the day off. So I'm going to sit on my couch with my laptop, watching TV and only leaving to visit the fridge. Tomorrow I will return to productivity!

{three} I got an e-mail this morning asking me to be a Brownie leader again this year. This is a tough one because I love being involved with Girl Guides but the unit I was with last year is a 45 minute drive away. I spent more time driving to the meetings and events than I did at the actual events. I'm hoping there is a unit closer to my house that needs a leader. There's also the possibility that a job opportunity is going to mean I will be moving to the city in a few weeks. The job is dependent on funding though so nothing is set in stone.

{four} I have over 300 pictures from this summer and I can't wait to get back into scrapbooking! Scrapbooking is going to be one of my fall goals, I have so many pictures just sitting in boxes and drawers overflowing with scrapbooking supplies begging to be used. More on that goal tomorrow though!

{five} I am obsessed with www.thoughtcatalog.com I could spend hours reading through articles and thinking about the words, situations and the people who wrote them. If you happen to have some spare time in your day or need something to scroll through while you enjoy coffee at your desk be sure to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st day back!!!! visiting from the Friday 5!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete