Friday 24 March 2017

One Thing After The Next

Let me walk you through the kind of week it's been...

Monday. Snowstorm. I was filling it at one of the homes and was supposed to be there at 7 a.m. but the weather was terrible and there was no way I was driving through it at 6:45. I did end up driving through it at 7:45 to get there for 8 but it was still horrible and it was not a good start to the week. Because I was filling in at a house I usually work in the office from 9-12 and then have a few hours break in the afternoon before going back to the house and staying until 10:00 p.m. Because Monday was a storm and everyone's schedule was off I ended up not getting a break in the afternoon. And that lead to a 14 hour day, which was exhausting.

Tuesday. Again, the weather wasn't great and we ended up cancelling an evening event that we had planned. This was actually a huge blessing because it meant I was home right at 4:00 p.m. I made supper and watched Big Brother Canada and was in bed by 9:30. 

Wednesday. I intended on documenting my day for a 'Day in the Life' post. I took one phone. A screen shot of the time on my phone as I was going out the door in the morning. The rest of the day was spent trying to catch up on e-mails and plan ahead for the next few weeks. 

Thursday. Snow storm. That's #3 in case you lost count. Again the whole day was off, there were terrible road conditions and so many minor and not so minor incidents. When I got home last night at 8:30 p.m. I collapsed on my couch and had to search for motivation to get myself ready for bed. 

Friday. It's retreat week around these parts so I went into the office for an hour this morning and then to chapel and then was with a small group until 3:15. Now I'm home for a brief break before heading out again for another evening event. 

Tomorrow & Sunday is more small groups and gatherings followed by another full week of work. Originally I was supposed to be traveling for a training conference but that has been cancelled so there is some reprieve in there. I can't believe we're going into the last week of March. It feels like I haven't taken a deep breath since January. 

I'm not sure if a regular schedule of events will ever happen around here but I do hope that it gets at least a little more predictable. I haven't had my camera out of it's bag since I started here and I've totally neglected my Project Life album. Blogging has been pretty low on the priority list lately as well. I know that I'll never find a perfect balance between it all but I am hopeful that someday there will be a little more equality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment