Wednesday 28 September 2016

What's Up Wednesday: September Edition

This whole 'I'm going to start blogging again' has (obviously) not been going well. I haven't totally abandoned it just yet but there is a lot of room for improvement. I realized that it's the last Wednesday of the month and What's Up Wednesday felt like a nice easy post to put together as I drink my coffee this morning.



What I'm Eating This Week: I'm still in the phase of being so excited that I have full control over meals after a summer of camp meals. I made a big bowl of broccoli salad to have for lunch this week and suppers so far have been homemade pizza, chicken & baked potato and mac & cheese. 

What I'm Reminiscing About: I've been working on playing catch up with my Project Life album which has lead to a lot of reminiscing about my trip to Toronto back in the spring! 

What I'm Loving: Sparks, Carmel Coffee, Project Life, The Happy Planner, Pretzels & Tzatziki. 

What I've Been Up To: I've mostly been job hunting and crossing my fingers that 2017 will be the year I finally end the cycle of contract jobs. I've joined a new Spark group closer to home and we've already had two meetings which have been full of fun and adorableness. 

What I've Been Dreading: I can't say I've really been dreading anything. 

What I'm Working On: I made a Project Life album specifically for camp and it's about 75% completed. I have 3.5 weeks left to add journalling and embellishments to before it can go on the shelf. 

What I'm Excited About: Typically I don't enjoy Octobers but this year I'm kind of looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend, a Spark Camp and a Friends-giving weekend. 

What I'm Watching/Reading: I've jumped on the 'This is Us' bandwagon! I'm also loving this season of Survivor, after spending the summer with a bunch of 20  year old counsellors I feel Zeke big time, I'm rooting for him. I've also been watching the new seasons of Deadliest Catch & Ice Road Truckers. I've also been watching 60 Days In, which is totally fascinating but also nightmare inducing. I watched the premiere of Grey's Anatomy but I was so horrified by it all I was just filled with longing for the days of Derek & Meredith. 
I'm working on finishing a few books that I started this summer and never finished. 

What I'm Listening To: My most played Apple Music playlists right now are "2016 CCMA Awards Nominees", "Minivan Hits: Family Roadtrip" and "Country Caffeine". 

What I'm Wearing: Leggings & hoodies! I haven't broken out the boots yet, I'm wearing flip flops for as long as possible. 

What I'm Doing This Weekend: Saturday I have an afternoon Girl Guide Cookie Booth but that's the only thing on my agenda! 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Moth: See all the things listed in "What I'm Excited About" and hopefully add a job interview to that list! 

What Else Is New: I can't think of anything else to add, September has been a fairly slow moving month!

What's My Favourite Fall Recipe? I don't like soups and I prefer to keep my pumpkin spice in pumpkin pie where it belongs. So I'm going to choose mac & cheese as my favourite fall recipe...even though it's an all year round type of meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment