Wednesday 28 October 2015

What's Up Wednesday : October Edition

October has been a blur of to do lists and e-mails and feeling sort of overwhelmed with a multitude of things. I spent the first part of October recovering from Blogtember so I didn't blog all that often, but I managed to keep on top of things! And hopefully anything I missed will be filed in by the monthly What's Up Wednesday questions! 

What I'm Eating...


I've already blogged about my fried chicken meal from this weekend and mentioned my love of homemade pizza. I also made spaghetti and meatballs, a "cookie sheet meal" consisting of chicken burger & waffle fries and breakfast for supper. And of course lots of stir fry and salad. 

What I'm Reminiscing About...




Our official anniversary isn't until the beginning of December, but J. & I went on our first date last November. I know that before the month is over I'll be reminiscing about hot summer days and pretty summer sunsets that happen at 9:00 p.m. instead of 4:30 p.m.

What I'm Loving...
Sending and receiving snail mail! It is seriously the only perk of having friends all over the country! I managed to get Halloween notes and

What I've Been Up To...
Guiding is dominating my life right now. Now that the second leader's paperwork has gone through I'm hoping it will get a little easier and be smooth sailing until we break for Christmas. I'm in the process of planning our five meetings in November and mentally preparing to navigate the mountains of paperwork required for a few outings. 

What I'm Dreading...
Winter. I know it's just around the corner and that makes me sad. 

What I'm Working On...
Still working on organizing Sparks stuff...I've never been a Spark leader before so I'm pretty much starting from scratch when it comes to program work and figuring out which challenges and crests are doable. 

What I'm Excited About...
A friend of mine has moved home from out west! We haven't lived in the same city in over five years but now we do and I am so excited! She arrived back in town this past weekend and we've both been busy but this month we'll get to catch up. 


What I'm Watching/Reading...

Hockey Wives season 2 premiers tonight! I have never watched an episode of Real Housewives or the Kardashians and generally despise any sort of over the top "reality" television show. Except that last spring I got hooked on hockey wives (pun not intended...although I realize many of you probably didn't pick up on it in the first place). I'm also excited about a new season of Market Place starting this week.  I've also been catching up with Criminal Minds and The Middle. And watching a ridiculous amount of Project Life Process videos on YouTube. 

You'll have to check back tomorrow to find out what I finished reading this month. Next month I'm buckling down and reading my shelves! 

What I'm Wearing...
Leggings and baseball tees have been my go to lately. It's getting colder out so by next month I will be breaking out the boots and scarves. 

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...
Feeling more organized! Getting started on a few new projects and maybe re-thinking my five year plan. 

What Else Is New...
I can't think of anything else to add! 

Favourite Thanksgiving Recipe...
Thanksgiving has come and gone here in Canada but I'm a big fan of mashed potatoes and gravy. And my grandmother's pies, which you can read about back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment