Saturday 7 February 2015

February Currently

I want to be more intentional about blogging, which has got me thinking about the reasons why I blog. I turn to blogging as a way to process my thoughts, to connect with others, to preserve memories and as an outlet for my introverted tendencies. I was staring at my planner the other day trying to be proactive and plan out a few post ideas for the month when I had a revelation. So often blogging gurus advise to write posts that readers will want to read, and if you're blogging to attract a million followers, gain sponsorship opportunities and make money blogging that advice makes sense. Except, that's not why I blog, I blog for me. I want to write posts that I will find interesting months or years from now. And hopefully by writing about those things I'll make those connections in the blogging community who are in the same stage of life or who have been where I am and can offer their wisdom.

All that to say I've decided the first Saturday of each month will be a 'currently' post. I did a quick Pinterest search for 'Currently' questions and combined a bunch of questions I thought I'd be interested in knowing and might connect me with others who happen to be reading this. 



Making: Valentine's Day Cards/Packages to mail to friends. I never did get around to sending Christmas cards so I'm making Valentine's Day happen. 
Cooking: My work schedule really limits my cooking and I hate that. I'm itching to cook a batch of mac & cheese and some homemade pizzas. 
Eating: My go to meal is chicken breast with cajun seasoning and rice. I make a dipping sauce for the chicken that's just ranch dressing & hot sauce mixed together but it's delicious. 
Drinking:  A lot of water since I've been sick. And treating myself to the occasional glass of pop.
Reading: Not enough. I don't have any books started at the moment all my reading has been online with blogs and various news articles. 
Wishing: The office would close when bad weather starts. I'm tired of driving home in snowstorms. 
Appreciating: Me Time. The past few weeks I've become acutely aware of just how much of an introvert I am and how much I need time by myself to recharge.  
Waiting: I don't feel like I'm waiting for anything in particular right now. I'm definitely waiting for the snow to melt, but that's not something I have much control over. 
Enjoying: Saturday mornings when I can enjoy a cup of coffee, catch up on blogs and watch the Food Network. 
Wondering: What I'm going to get my mom for her birthday. And J. for Valentine's Day. 
Loving: The names Lila/Lilah and Layla. Totally random I know, but I recently had the name 'Lillian' ruined on me so I needed a replacement girl name to love. 
Hoping: The worst of the winter weather is over and the sun will start shining again!
Needing: To make time for me. Not just on weekend mornings but a specific time during the day to be alone. I would love to get back into the habit of reading my Bible and journalling everyday, that may be a goal for March. 
Smelling: I got a great candle in my stocking that smells like currants. I forget the exact name of it, I know mom bought it at Winner's and it was a great find. 
Wearing: My go to work outfit is jeans, a top and a cardigan. 
Following: World events/local news. I used to watch the news every night and then I got out of the habit but I'm getting back into it. I think it's important to know what's going on in the world. 
Noticing: I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but how important me time is to my well being.
Knowing: I need to balance pre-camp preparations with my current job and not letting myself get burnt out. 
Thinking: The above balance is going to be hard to reach. 
Feeling Anxious About: Lately I've been managing my anxiety pretty well, but I've had some bad days where I feel overwhelmed because I have a lot of stuff to do and I feel like I don't have enough time to do it all. 
Watching: I reinstated my Netflix this month so I've been watching lots of Friends and documentaries.
Listening to: Podcasts! Specifically Grown Ups Read Stuff They Wrote As Kids and Vinyl Cafe. 
Obsessing: The first thing that came to mind was Peyton. She really is an awesome cat. 
Celebrating: Valentine's Day! 
Shopping for: I need to buy an external hard drive
Learning: I've been learning a lot about people lately. I was reading up on Julia Child's life, I've been watching The Book of Negroes and learning about people in that time period.  
Talking About: A lot of camp related stuff. 
Praying: More than anything I've been praying for peace and calmness in my life and in the lives of those around me. 
Working on: Doing more praying, noticing & appreciating the peaceful moments. 
Looking forward to: Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment