Sunday 2 November 2014

November Goals

I'm not sure how I managed to become a weekend blogger, but somehow it has happened. I blame the fact that I'm not a huge Halloween fan and that seems to be what everyone has been focused on this week. Before I get back into (sort of) daily posts it's time to reflect on October's goals and set some new ones for November!

Sadly I did not do so well with October's goals…

  • I didn't finish my Smash Book for Camp. I need to get some more prints made and set aside a weekend to immerse myself in the project. 
  • Publish 20 Blog Posts. I published 12. 
  • Mail Halloween Themed Packages to H. & R.. Nope…I didn't even get around to mailing H.'s birthday card. 
  • Read 3 Books. Yes! I highly recommend Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie. He is the founder of TOMS shoes, I've always loved the shoes and reading the story behind how he turned the simplest idea into something that helps people was the perfect mix of interesting & inspiring. 
  • Plan for NaNoWriMo. I sort of did this…but it's November 2nd and I haven't written a word so I'm not sure all the planning really helped. 
  • Yoga 3 times. I forgot this was even a goal, needless to say it was not accomplished. 
On to November's Goals:
  • Read 4 books.
  • Publish 15 blog posts.
  • Start Christmas Shopping.
  • Send mail to H. & R.
  • Hang photos on bedroom wall.
  • Update my "About Me" page.
  • Watch a movie I've never seen before.
October seems to have passed in the blink of an eye. I'm still really happy at my (not so) new job and excited about what the future has in store!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're not giving up on goals! I didn't know Blake wrote a book -- that sounds like it could be really cool, I might just have to see if I can find it at my library! If you haven't read it already -- I would recommend reading the book A Severe Mercy! I wrote a bit about it on my blog -- but it is an amazing true story :D I can't believe it is Christmas Shopping time! I totally need to start this month too! Happy November, Donna! Thank you for linking up at Mitchael Journey :) #friendswithgoals
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha oh girl I chuckled at the things that didn't get done. That happens to me ALL too often! I'm actually launching a link up this coming Sunday where sharing your goals would fit nicely!! You should join! I didn't plan for nanowrimo, but I am participating. Of course at 10:30 last night I realized I hadn't written so....yeah. haha! I pounded out a half hour write, but I need to do better! We can encourage each other!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those goals. They always make you want to smack yourself in the head at the end of a month don't they? There is never enough time to do all that we plan to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great--I need to set goals like this. Blog post idea!! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have this on my Blog Challenge link up! http://iammrsk.blogspot.fi/2014/11/november-topics-are-here.html

    I have similar goals this month too! Books, movies and Christmas shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Donna! I just posted my goals check-in for 1/2 way through the month :) It is also a link-up, if you're interested! ~~> http://bit.ly/1xHMl1B
    I hope your goals are all going well!
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete